• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Reading some of these posts think people have forgot how much a quality wide player helps the team in both attack & defence... not a inside forward, not a wanna be CM wide, not a slow CAM out of position but a ************ that loves it out there.

Opposition are scared of Zaha. They double up on Zaha.

He can beat them on the outside, he can cut in on them, he can run past the midfield central on the break & he gives CBs that same look in the eye Thierry used to as it dawns on them their next.

He is worth whatever it takes. Emery knows it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Even if he gets us CL?

It's a weird one. I'm sure everyone thought Liverpool were the losers in the VVD deal. I guess there's losing the deal on paper/initially, and then there's losing the deal long term.

I would also be optimistic about our CL chances with Zaha, but with the deals mentioned and a good winger in general.

Thing is, you are saying it would equal CL which is still not guaranteed. If you'd get a guarantee to get CL for a deal we'd have Zaha right now.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Buy only players that will improve the team. If that means better winger and maybe centre midfielder so be it.

I'd rather not buy a central defender than throw 30m at a dummy.
We already did:lol:
mustafi2304.jpg

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Reading some of these posts think people have forgot how much a quality wide player helps the team in both attack & defence... not a inside forward, not a wanna be CM wide, not a slow CAM out of position but a ************ that loves it out there.

He can beat them on the outside, he can cut in on them, he can run past the midfield central on the break & he gives CBs that same look in the eye Thierry used to as it dawns on them their next.

tenor.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Exactly, and he's an experienced PL player who wont have to adjust to London life. Also just having pace sitting out wide makes the opposition play differently, they cant risk the break when we have Zaha & Auba waiting up field. I don't know what money we have but I'd go up to £60m + Chambers because I think he will make a huge difference to our team. I cant believe Palace would turn that down or even £55m + Chambers.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
From Arsenal’s perspective surely a diamond like Zaha doesn’t come along every day whereas a good CB prospect (not disparaging Chambers and Bielik) is easier to find/replace. Would make sense for you to go all in and offer both of them, perhaps with Nelson on a two year loan, to give Parish something to work with.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From Arsenal’s perspective surely a diamond like Zaha doesn’t come along every day whereas a good CB prospect (not disparaging Chambers and Bielik) is easier to find/replace. Would make sense for you to go all in and offer both of them, perhaps with Nelson on a two year loan, to give Parish something to work with.
Why do you guys always wait until late in the window to do deals?

Surprised you haven’t spent the AWB money yet.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

How bad is the injury crisis in defence, Father?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I love this post.

Very good point as well. Let’s see a midtable team sending their right back flying forward with Zaha lined up at the LW. I dare them.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Correct. Not to mention that defenders almost always mark the inside with Zaha. This has made him very adept at finding his overlapping full back with little passes around the defender. This would be incredibly effective if we can bring in Tierney - who is lightning quick and puts in a wicked low cross (in my opinion).

One of those players would change us massively, but both would add a whole new dimension to our team. That's before you even consider Laca, Auba, Özil etc..

Gunner-Union

Correct. Not to mention that defenders almost always mark the inside with Zaha. This has made him very adept at finding his overlapping full back with little passes around the defender. This would be incredibly effective if we can bring in Tierney - who is lightning quick and puts in a wicked low cross (in my opinion).

One of those players would change us massively, but both would add a whole new dimension to our team. That's before you even consider Laca, Auba, Özil etc..

With Nelson in form on the other wing and pea upfront and cabellos in midfield we will def have a better team and a better all round team that will be less disjointed. I’d actually like to keep chambers as back up to sok and holding and also back up for toreirra as we have no other dm unless bielek stays

TornadoTed

Established Member

No doubt about it Tierney and Zaha would be a massive upgrade on Kolasinac and Iwobi down the left.

Jakarta

Plus i really think he has another level in him.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

This is what I’ve been getting at for months now.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

With Nelson in form on the other wing and pea upfront and cabellos in midfield we will def have a better team and a better all round team that will be less disjointed. I’d actually like to keep chambers as back up to sok and holding and also back up for toreirra as we have no other dm unless bielek stays

I like Chambers but I don't think he's a centre back. The lad is a good footballer with good technical abilities and passing. He doesn't have the natural instinct for defending in my opinion. Strikes me as more of a RM in an old fashioned 4-4-2.

6gunner

Roy said that a ball playing midfielder was your biggest need so a loan for ESR would probably make more sense for both teams.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Think the player of the level of Zaha is not a diamond at all. I’m his biggest fan on here and have wanted him for 7 years.

Just a very good winger, nothing special at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom