• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Dj_sds -

giphy.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If it wasn't for Wenger we'd be in the Conference North by now instead of the Europa League, 5th out of 94 remember that.
94? Does that include the ghosts of Maidstone United (defunct 1900) and Bootle (defunct 1893) :lol:.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A story from the brilliant book, The Mixer (premier league tactics from route one to false nines) by Michael Cox, perfectly sums up Wenger's astuteness at Arsenal.

Anelka had fallen out with Overmars. 'I'm not getting enough of the ball,' he muttered to the French press. 'I'm going to see the manager soon because Overmars is too selfish'.

The complication, however, was that Anelka barely spoke English and Overmars didn’t understand French, so Wenger was not only moderator but also interpreter, and played the situation beautifully.

He asked the two players to spell out their issues; Anelka repeated his complaint to Wenger in their native tongue, while in English, Overmars claimed he always looked out for Anelka’s runs and didn’t understand his problem.

Rather than translating their comments accurately, Wenger eventually told Overmars that Anelka had said he no longer had a problem, then told Anelka that Overmars was promising to pass more. Both were lies, but it resolved the situation."

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A story from the brilliant book, The Mixer (premier league tactics from route one to false nines) by Michael Cox, perfectly sums up Wenger's astuteness at Arsenal.

Anelka had fallen out with Overmars. 'I'm not getting enough of the ball,' he muttered to the French press. 'I'm going to see the manager soon because Overmars is too selfish'.

The complication, however, was that Anelka barely spoke English and Overmars didn’t understand French, so Wenger was not only moderator but also interpreter, and played the situation beautifully.

He asked the two players to spell out their issues; Anelka repeated his complaint to Wenger in their native tongue, while in English, Overmars claimed he always looked out for Anelka’s runs and didn’t understand his problem.

Rather than translating their comments accurately, Wenger eventually told Overmars that Anelka had said he no longer had a problem, then told Anelka that Overmars was promising to pass more. Both were lies, but it resolved the situation."
And I always thought Wenger told the truth ;):lol:

Top Bottom