• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
has it occured to you that he might use poor English to cut short interviews he doesn't really want? he seems fluent enough in the videos I've seen when he's been interacting with teamates
Perhaps. Honestly I was just jumping on the band wagon. Didn't even watch the interview.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Everyone knows he's done. Those who can't admit it have just climbed so high that they're scared to look down. Nobody would care if he fell down a hole and wasn't spotted in an Arsenal shirt ever again.
Most who still insist Özil is not done, are people who think Wenger were still great in his later years.

Jakarta

Everyone knows he's done. Those who can't admit it have just climbed so high that they're scared to look down. Nobody would care if he fell down a hole and wasn't spotted in an Arsenal shirt ever again.

He was class but ever since he joined us I just feel like he has been coasting along.

Just feels like Arsenal was a retirement home for him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was class but ever since he joined us I just feel like he has been coasting along.

Just feels like Arsenal was a retirement home for him.
He was class. Couldn’t believe he signed for us when he did. In hindsight, I think Wengers style of man management both helped him and possibly had a detrimental effect on him. 'Too much love will kill you', a great man once said.

Our most important player for next season. You get Özil full charged and firing next season and you are finishing top4 easily. If Emery can't get him to work correctly in our system then we will struggle.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He’s not done, still some fuel in that engine.

There are others who really are done though, guys like Kos, Nacho and especially Mikhi are shot to pieces.
Was watching the El Clasico from 2011 the other day with the big fight at the end, Özil was truly fired up and ready to take anyone on. Think he has lost that fire from back then and with it his spark has faded.

I hope he can get that back, but I doubt that's possible.

Was watching the El Clasico from 2011 the other day with the big fight at the end, Özil was truly fired up and ready to take anyone on. Think he has lost that fire from back then and with it his spark has faded.

He can come back. Have faith bully! We need him more than any other player if we want to do good things next season!

GDeep™

League is very weak

Who was the manager back then?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He said you have to love Özil to get get the best out of him.

Until Emery, you say Özil has performed for every manager he’s played under.

He tailed off after inking his contract for the last few Wenger months.

Guy just looks old whenever you see him play, definitely on the slide.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Özil has still got the magic. Just look at the leicester game and basically all our goal of the season contenders where he's been at the heart of it.

He's inconsistent and certainly not the one to carry the team in difficult moments, but if we fix our link between midfied and attack with our new signings it can very well mean he's still got 1-2 seasons of 15+ assists in him.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Very cool interview with The Telegraph;

“I am really happy,” he says in a rare engagement with the British media which only adds to the feeling that this has been a transformative summer for the 30-year-old, who married in June. “I am fit. We showed, especially against Bayern Munich, that we look very fresh.”

“I have had a lot of coaches in my career so of course every coach is different and wants something different from you as a player,” Özil says. “I had a few injuries before the season started last year so of course I had a tough time. But at the end of the day, especially the end of the season, I played a lot of games. I have a really good relationship with the coach so we are speaking a lot. He wants to help me and I want to help the team.”

“What we spoke about, between me and the coach, I can’t tell you because if I say something now to you, in the future he does not want to speak to me again, so I have to take care of that,” says Özil. “We are speaking a lot and he wants to help me and I know what I can do on the pitch. I want to help the team and I think it will be going well this season, for me and the team.”

“I spoke with him last week, at the beginning of pre-season, and wanted to get his best performance,” Emery says. “The way to achieve that is with daily commitment. Really, he is working very well and I am very positive about his commitment. He has a high, high commitment today. He is one of the captains of the team, with Granit Xhaka and Nacho Monreal. I am looking forward to seeing the best Mesut Özil this season.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...t-Özil-insists-arsenal-ready-hit-new-heights/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom