• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not all loans are the same. Sometimes you sign a player just because you need an extra body. Sometimes you sign a player on loan because he’s experienced and can provide decent cover etc. Sometimes a loan is just a protection over time.

Then you get a loan like this, where a young hungry lion is looking to make an impact and show his quality.

Balboa

Not all loans are the same. Sometimes you sign a player just because you need an extra body. Sometimes you sign a player on loan because he’s experienced and can provide decent cover etc. Sometimes a loan is just a protection over time.

Then you get a loan like this, where a young hungry lion is looking to make an impact and show his quality.

It's just Arsenal haven't had that before and therefore there are question marks because it's a relatively untested model.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's just Arsenal haven't had that before and therefore there are question marks because it's a relatively untested model.
Because we’ve not had the opportunity or need to take a young player on loan before.

I mean even Suarez, had an injury.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I've discounted returning players like Campbell & Henry - different situation.

Baptista & Lichsteiner were quality players.

There's a first time for everything but the joy surrounding Ceballos seems a little OTT given that Kroenke seems to have supporters feeding off scraps.

It's only scraps if we don't spend big money elsewhere. Would be uproar if he was an only signing but he's a good cheap option to plug a hole for a year while we put money into other positions.

Taarh

You have to remember that we have no champions league this season, and there is a market of players who will sign/not sign based on that fact.

A no strings signing like Ceballos gives us options for next season where hopefully we will be in a much better position to sign players, while also being a quality addition to our midfield.

The alternative is sticking with a Xhaka, Torreira midfield or signing someone average who we end up struggling to shift like Mkhikitaryan.

It also means we can spend money on other areas. Option or not, Ceballos seems like a no brainer

Balboa

You have to remember that we have no champions league this season, and there is a market of players who will sign/not sign based on that fact.

A no strings signing like Ceballos gives us options for next season where hopefully we will be in a much better position to sign players, while also being a quality addition to our midfield.

The alternative is sticking with a Xhaka, Torreira midfield or signing someone average who we end up struggling to shift like Mkhikitaryan.

It also means we can spend money on other areas. Option or not, Ceballos seems like a no brainer

I'm not against the signing. It's just that listening to Arsenal Vision and Arsecast podcasts, it sounded a bit like they thought he'd be the second coming of Fabregas.

Perhaps with the likes of Kovacic, it will happen more frequently. We'll see. I just think a more measured response is worthwhile.

Balboa

It's only scraps if we don't spend big money elsewhere. Would be uproar if he was an only signing but he's a good cheap option to plug a hole for a year while we put money into other positions.

Well it looks like Arsenal could be stuck with Mustafi, Özil, Mhky, Iwobi, and limited cover at CB, RB Kroenke looks likely to be leaving a lot of holes in the squad although the 3 or 4 signings that might be happening do look promising. The rebuild is a big job.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
There seems to be a clear path to us signing him after the loan even without the option to buy we just need:
-Zidane doing well with Madrid, since it seems he doesn't want him and it's Florentino the one holding on to him, if Zidane has a good season it's more than likely he gets the final word on Ceballos.
But more importantly, us securing UCL over united:
-That would surely mean Pogba is off, and hopefully to Madrid, even further blocking Ceballos' spot on the team.
-And obviously a UCL spot would mean enough money to get him and cover some of our gaping holes. If he likes it here he has a team playing in the UCL and with a shot at the EPL.
We never have any luck with these things, but at least there is some hope, specially with there being a precedent in Kovacic.

Francois

First time I’ve quoted you I think.

What are the odds on you posting about the next Sp**s transfer target? :)
I’ll let you know when there is a rush of money for a Sp**s target
I’ll let you know when there’s a rush of money for a Arsenal target .
I’ll let you know if there’s a rush of money for your next post being about me

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I’ll let you know when there is a rush of money for a Sp**s target
I’ll let you know when there’s a rush of money for a Arsenal target .
I’ll let you know if there’s a rush of money for your next post being about me
Why do you post your posts in the format of a poem?

Francois

Why do you post your posts in the format of a poem?
I am originally from France but am fluent in four languages .
I do apologise if my English is not up to your usual standard .
I work for a large betting company and pass off information as a matter of interest .
I am not ‘ in the know ‘ but in the gambling industry money talk and information is passed in good taste .

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I am originally from France but am fluent in four languages .
I do apologise if my English is not up to your usual standard .
I work for a large betting company and pass off information as a matter of interest .
I am not ‘ in the know ‘ but in the gambling industry money talk and information is passed in good taste .
Your English is good. I was wondering why you structure the sentences the way you do.

Francois

The information I give is generally bullet points .
I left school a long time ago so my punctuation won’t be great .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom