• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,355

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I want a good CB rather than a cheap one, it’s going to take many years to challenge for a title.

I’d rather add quality in each window over a number of year.
I do too, still doesn’t make this summer acceptable not getting one.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would anyone take Umtiti on loan? Obviously his knees are an issue but there's less risk with a loan and it buys you a year until Saliba gets back.

Need this Neymar and Griezmann clause stuff to get sorted soon, it’s going to have a knock on effect.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yes deffo. I was just thinking would you rather Zaha or Koulibaly?
I still think I'd take Zaha because some of the alternatives to him like Fraser and Carrasco aren't great, whereas I think you could pick up a under the radar CB from somewhere else that improves the team.
Obviously.

But that doesn’t suit Barcelona or Umtiti. A player of the stays of Umtiti can’t linger around on loans.
Well with the Euros coming up he'd probably want to be playing regularly.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I do too, still doesn’t make this summer acceptable not getting one.

I guess that's why CL was so important, could sign top players in both. Now it seems only one or the other.

There is absolutely no excuse not getting rid of some players though. Elneny and Mustafi cannot be here when the window closes.

Alkane

I guess that's why CL was so important, could sign top players in both. Now it seems only one or the other.

There is absolutely no excuse not getting rid of some players though. Elneny and Mustafi cannot be here when the window closes.

I’m not sure we even can sell the pair of them, is there any interest at all?

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I still think I'd take Zaha because some of the alternatives to him like Fraser and Carrasco aren't great, whereas I think you could pick up a under the radar CB from somewhere else that improves the team.

Well with the Euros coming up he'd probably want to be playing regularly.
Koulibaly and Everton soares and I’d wet myself.

Reactions: A_G

Alkane

Zaha would be a very Arsenal-esque right place right time signing which our biggest players have tended to be.

Özil - came because of Wenger
Alexis - only rival was Liverpool and at the time we could offer CL and live in London
Lacazette - Athletico got a transfer ban so we could swoop in
Auba - falling out with Dortmund meant they were open to selling him

Its meant to be. If Chelsea were not transfer banned they’d more than likely be after him and be the much more attractive prospect.

Next summer if we went back in I’m sure we’d have better competition and would have no chance

Iceman10

Established Member
Next summer if we went back in I’m sure we’d have better competition and would have no chance

It's a risky proposition for Palace to hold onto him also. They could have an unhappy player who does not play at the same level as last season and his valuation only ends up going down. I think we can play this cool for a little while longer.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Do we have any CB targets for this season? So far, that's the only missing link from Orny's shopping list.

WF = Zaha, Malcom or Everton (£40-70M)
CM = Ceballos (FREE)
LB = Tierney (£25M)
CB (next season) = Saliba (£30M)
CB (For this season) = ??? (£??M)

So current estimated spend is going to be £95-£125M and that's without spending money on a CB for this season. If we pull this off, it will definitely give me faith in the new management. Would be an elite transfer season. I would be confident in top 4 and a trophy run in one of the competitions.

That said, with Bellerin injured, feel like we should also be in the market for an RB?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Di marzio said we enquired about kean Everton still the most interested team and barca enquiry too Juve want 25-30M euros to sell

Weird one. Was the shining light at the end of their season.
Italy still has got too many problems with racism, don't they ?

Not that he's the only black player there, but you gotta feel there's something odd when you are ready to sell your best talent. Would they do it, if he was a white italian ? Not sure.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Di marzio said we enquired about kean Everton still the most interested team and barca enquiry too Juve want 25-30M euros to sell

I'd happiliy take Khedieria, Matuidi and Kean. Good on Kean if he leaves Juventus.

In the real world. I don't believe for a second that we will enter next season without a new starting CB. Kos wats out and isn't what he used to be, Sokratis is solid, Holding returning from injury, Mustafi a mess and Chambers coming back from a season where he was mainly in midfield. Mavrapanos isn't ready or possibly good enough.

Sell Mustafi, Bielik and Chambers and bring in a quality cb. I would have fancied Maguire until the ridiculous fee became apparent.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'd happiliy take Khedieria, Matuidi and Kean. Good on Kean if he leaves Juventus.

In the real world. I don't believe for a second that we will enter next season without a new starting CB. Kos wats out and isn't what he used to be, Sokratis is solid, Holding returning from injury, Mustafi a mess and Chambers coming back from a season where he was mainly in midfield. Mavrapanos isn't ready or possibly good enough.

Sell Mustafi, Bielik and Chambers and bring in a quality cb. I would have fancied Maguire until the ridiculous fee became apparent.

Same old eternal problem, nobody is interested in Mustafi. I am convinced the guy is here until 2021 when his contract expires, he really has to be one of the worst £30m+ transfers of all time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Same old eternal problem, nobody is interested in Mustafi. I am convinced the guy is here until 2021 when his contract expires, he really has to be one of the worst £30m+ transfers of all time.

If we drop our transfer fee to 10-15m, you'd hope that a German club would bite.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
CB - Saliba(loaned out)
LB - Tierney (£25m)
RB - Alves
CM - Ceballos
RW - Zaha/Everton

If we can sign a decent CB in addition to this, considering we are about to lose Koscielny and Mustafi is very average then its the perfect summer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom