• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,091

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'm sure they did all that, what I'm saying is that deals like Zaha probably hinged on whether they got CL or not. A lot of reports have suggested that Zaha might have been a done deal already if they'd got top 4 or won in Baku, but failing in that regard meant that the negotiations have become more complicated due to restricted finances. Now they're having to pinch pennies, try to offer players in part exchange etc.

Or go for a different player you previously identified in case you wouldn't make it into the CL who'd fit the paramater of less budget and no CL draw and still likely join and strengthen the team?

It's not like Zaha is such a special player you have to do everything you can to get him dragging through the whole window, spending ridiculous money and players on him. He'd fit this side, but all in all this business seems desperate and tunnel visioned.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Was just wondering - when was the last time we actually got news about our ongoing interest for Zaha ?

Can't count SkySports for that. Really need a quality source to fire it up again.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm intrigued by who this mystery central defender that keeps getting mentioned may be. I wonder if it will someone who has been linked or someone completely out of the blue.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Unless Chambers is sold or likely to be involved in a deal to Palace then it’s pretty pointless buying another CB on the level of SokHoldtis

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Unless Chambers is sold or likely to be involved in a deal to Palace then it’s pretty pointless buying another CB on the level of SokHoldtis

Once again: Holding has been out for a long time and we cant presume that he will reach his best level quickly enough. But if Holding and Sokratis is our main centre-backs the back-up options doesnt fill me with confidence.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hope we go for a CB that knows the league. Shane Duffy is not a bad shout. Coady another option. The likes of Dunk probably too expensive. Would love Nathan Ake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom