• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Named Technical Director

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what he is thinking. He trained with some of the best players the game has ever seen, day in day out. He went through struggles and victories with them. He was a key part of our best ever team.

What is he thinking as he stands there watching players like Jenkinson, Mustafi, Xhaka, Miki, Özil, Kola and potentially Chambers.

What does he think of our youth? People laugh about them watching the training sessions, but that is key on my opinion. Edu knows what the very best train like and if he sees anyone incapable of what he deems acceptable, he will look to shift them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he came in and saw Kolasinac, Miki and Xhaka and thought ' **** me, put that bid in for Tierney, don't waste the entire window on Zaha, let's get Everton in tie up Saliba so I dont have to see Mustafi next year'.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I wonder what he is thinking. He trained with some of the best players the game has ever seen, day in day out. He went through struggles and victories with them. He was a key part of our best ever team.

What is he thinking as he stands there watching players like Jenkinson, Mustafi, Xhaka, Miki, Özil, Kola and potentially Chambers.

What does he think of our youth? People laugh about them watching the training sessions, but that is key on my opinion. Edu knows what the very best train like and if he sees anyone incapable of what he deems acceptable, he will look to shift them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he came in and saw Kolasinac, Miki and Xhaka and thought ' **** me, put that bid in for Tierney, don't waste the entire window on Zaha, let's get Everton in tie up Saliba so I dont have to see Mustafi next year'.
That attitude got Henry sacked at Monaco.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
are we the only PL club with a Brazilian in our hierarchy? if so , and his previous role as manager of Brazil, could put us in a very favourable postion re transfers, as long as we have at least a reasonabl budget

OneAW!

But but but the German hobo should have been given the job even tho he wasn't qualified for it at all!!!

Before according to Kroenke's paid hacks Sven was the second coming now that he has left realising what a ****ty ambition less club we are he's a hobo.

EDIT: You cant make this **** up its so obvious. Is there anyone here who doesn't believe that there are paid hacks out there trying to manage narrartives on the net for the club on this and other forums/message boards/reddit?

EDIT2: To bring things back on topic. There are very few players left with the swagger of an Henry. Just look at Messi. Its just how this generation of players are. Cruyff referred to it as the lack of the ghetto spirit in football. And its why he dropped Laudrup for Romario in the 94 ECC final. Barca got hammered and Laudrup left for Madrid and promptly ended Barcas 5 year dominance of La Liga and Cruyff eventually got sacked. At the end of the day fighting spirit can only get you so far. And its not like we haven't had players with fighting spirit. Bacary Sagna, Jack Wilshere, Fabregas, Rosicky, Vermaelen, Diaby, etc all had fighting spirit but the squad was always one or two players if not more short, and it has been that way ever since Kroenke has been involved with the club.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Absolutely love this, talking about his role is more than just about signings and how he wants to be involved with the first team, coaching staff and the academy as well and how he's not just gonna be in his office all day. Really showing why he's qualified for this job.

I swear that smelly Hobo throwing a hissy fit in the middle of last season might be the best thing to happen to this club. Everyone is now singing from the same hymn sheet. It's so easy to be negative about the club this past while but I do get the feeling we're finally moving in the right direction with some of the changes being made.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely love this, talking about his role is more than just about signings and how he wants to be involved with the first team, coaching staff and the academy as well and how he's not just gonna be in his office all day. Really showing why he's qualified for this job.

I swear that smelly Hobo throwing a hissy fit in the middle of last season might be the best thing to happen to this club. Everyone is now singing from the same hymn sheet. It's so easy to be negative about the club this past while but I do get the feeling we're finally moving in the right direction with some of the changes being made.
Got a feeling it’ll be his agent the notorious Kia Joorabchian actually pulling the strings here. Watch out for us signing some dodgy players due to him. For example I can see us signing the likes of David Luiz, Cedric from Southampton and even Willian next summer.

Would expect Edu to get some farmer from Brazil in January too.

Last edited:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
No clue at all how competent Edu is (despite hearing of his work via Arsecast) but I must admit I'm feeling strangely confident with him at the helm.

akhil

14 years after he left the club. His English is still pretty good. Good to see him here, hope he settles into the job quickly.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Happy with Edu so far. But I am not sure where the hatred for Sven is coming from. His recent interview just showed a clear case of opposing approaches towards transfers. Obviously one had to leave. And I don't think any of what he told in the interview is wrong. What else could explain that weird loan of Suarez from Barca other than Raul wanting to use his connections for transfers?

GunnerUK

are we the only PL club with a Brazilian in our hierarchy? if so , and his previous role as manager of Brazil, could put us in a very favourable postion re transfers, as long as we have at least a reasonabl budget

Was thinking this. Hopefully he has a real pull on young Brazilian talent. We’ve already sealed the deal for one and worked around permits as he has European documents.

GunnerUK

arsenals-edu-fredrik-ljungberg-and-ashley-cole-stand-with-their-picture-id681362422

Good to have these two Occupying such important roles at the club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom