• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Martinelli looks quite awesome in that sprint - Theo like speed.

Nketiah - I expect those finishes from him.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I've watched some of the other pl teams' preseason fixtures and I'll say that Utd only look decent so far, Chelsea were terrible against Kawasaki Frontale absolutely dreadful.

I think top 4 may actually be a good possibility if the trend continues but we do ideally need a CB in addition to Tierney and a winger; if we do that and play a back 4 then we may have good reason to believe we can make the CL.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Wow Martinelli, so close to being absolutely perfect, I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Love his dribbling & speed but his touches & finishing are 2 things he has to work on otherwise he will be a gun player I'd imagine.

That back 4 at the end, I hope we stick with that for the season, we are absolutely horrendous with a back 3 & Mustafi in there. We've got to keep Nketiah & Willock give them plenty of chances, they killed it, absolutely dominated. Our GK's really impressed me, sort of apologized to the fans on behalf of the defence hahaha :lol::lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
You can have all the talent in the world, without application it means nothing.

tbf, players can have off days, and Reiss was on the pitch much more to see him than just an explosive cameo. Reiss did well enough at Hoffenheim, but for sure it is a stretch to see him doing anything other than being loaned out again this season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've watched some of the other pl teams' preseason fixtures and I'll say that Utd only look decent so far, Chelsea were terrible against Kawasaki Frontale absolutely dreadful.

I think top 4 may actually be a good possibility if the trend continues but we do ideally need a CB in addition to Tierney and a winger; if we do that and play a back 4 then we may have good reason to believe we can make the CL.

If Emery can't figure out how to finish ahead of Chelsea and ManU and make the top four he might be one of the worst coaches ever.

Lampard has a big learning curve, and Chelsea lost their best player and can't sign any new players all season.

ManU is a total mess and their best player this pre-season has been their version of Nketiah, Mason Greenwood.

I still think Emery is an awful coach, but the quality of our young players will make his job a lot easier.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
One short on confidence. The other off to good start and with good confidence.

Both top talents. Lets not write Nelson off yet!
Nelson looked a hell of a lot better on the left in the 2nd half. Whole team benefitted from the back 4, especially the attack. He was concerning but I don't think this will last long. Only thing bothering me is why he won't dribble.

Nelson looked a hell of a lot better on the left in the 2nd half. Whole team benefitted from the back 4, especially the attack. He was concerning but I don't think this will last long. Only thing bothering me is why he won't dribble.

It will come. A good manager gets his confidence up and put a lot of faith in him. Its what he needs now, trust and faith from Emery. His talent will make sure it will repaid soon enough!

Gunner-Union

Jeez these are friendlies nothing more. Chance to get match fit and see the youngsters who have impressed thus far but as I said it doesn’t mean a that much which team looks better atm

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Watching the Bayern vs Madrid game. Those two teams are way ahead man. Especially Madrid.

I actually have been impressed by the techinical level atleast of our youngsters to be honest, they pass the ball pretty comfortably, much more smoothly that a lot of other "top" teams I've seen in preseason.

Erm but I'm not suprised they look much better considering their position. I caught a PSG game and their technical level is crazy, they pass around pressure so easily and Mbappe is something else he'll be the best in the world one day if he continues like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom