• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,333
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Inter just came out of FFP review and as it is they are trying to split the transfer fee into installments. At the same time they are short on strikers with Conte and Icardi having a falling out, so they are in a desperate situation. United and everyone else knows it.

They should get Giroud instead

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another over paying from manutd 6 years deal for gk is won't end well specially for 300K a week

WhatAFC

Why is this a bad deal for Utd? DDG is still one of the best in the world despite a few bad months towards the end of this season. He’s held utd together in recent times and was their player of the year for 3 seasons running. 6 years he’ll be 34, hardly end of the road for top goalkeepers these days.

To get another top GK you’re spending £70-80m then you have around £40-50m in wages over a 5 year contract for that new GK.

No brainer for Utd in my mind.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why is this a bad deal for Utd? DDG is still one of the best in the world despite a few bad months towards the end of this season. He’s held utd together in recent times and was their player of the year for 3 seasons running. 6 years he’ll be 34, hardly end of the road for top goalkeepers these days.

To get another top GK you’re spending £70-80m then you have around £40-50m in wages over a 5 year contract for that new GK.

Risky deal what if he continued to decline? He could be top 5 keeper of the world but 350K a week for gk is huge

WhatAFC

Risky deal what if he continued to decline? He could be top 5 keeper of the world but 350K a week for gk is huge
He’s a known quantity, other than a bad patch of form for a few months. Wouldn’t call that a decline.

Far more risk bringing in a new GK who doesn’t know the league or club.

I don’t really think it’s huge given what players are paid now days. Does he have a bigger impact on Utd than Özil does for us?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He’s a known quantity, other than a bad patch of form for a few months. Wouldn’t call that a decline.

Far more risk bringing in a new GK who doesn’t know the league or club.

I don’t really think it’s huge given what players are paid now days. Does he have a bigger impact on Utd than Özil does for us?

Welcome back mate - where the **** have you been?

6gunner

This is a contract for the best keeper in the world. He isn't. Moreover, last season was the worst of his career. Rarely do players in decline improve, much less regain their prior form. This is an Ozilesque contract and MU will regret it sooner than later.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Im not sure this quote is correct but if it is i assume that he will join either Manure or a club in China. Dont think Sp**s is an option. Not Arsenal either btw.

Iceman10

Established Member
That's a surprise. There was quite a wide consensus that he was happy enough in Madrid picking up his big wage packet no matter what.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would not buy him as he's on the downhill and injured a lot, but for teams that have all the money in the world he's a big weapon.

Hopefully not our rivals for 3&4 spot with ManU and Sp**s.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Zidane can't stand bale :lol:. I don't think Sp**s or manutd will sign him his wages are massive

Iceman10

Established Member
Would be surprised if Sp**s re-sign him. Daniel Levy has good control over the wage structure there. Bayern Munich does make the most sense, esp. as they've released Ribery and Robben.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He earns €30m a year. Even as a loan signing that’s a massive amount of money for any club.

Hexagon9

That's a surprise. There was quite a wide consensus that he was happy enough in Madrid picking up his big wage packet no matter what.
Fair play to him. If true he clearly has some professional pride. Perhaps some of our boys could take note...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom