• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Better than R9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.
00:14-00:18 is more impressive than the videos you have posted.

If you want to prove that he is a great player, you should show 00:14-00:18, and nketiah should do more of that.

The tap-in and your clips means very little, the one I posed (00:14-00:18) above shows how good he can be.

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
If we feel a player is close to the level we require I find it hard to accept that if we loan out the player they have to go the Championship to get required minutes. I get the risk of that player ending up on the bench but we just need to identify a club in a top league (ideally PL) where he would be at least in the top 2 of the roster for his position(s) and make him prove himself there. If the player can't prove himself there to be played regularly, unless the manager at the loan club was just terrible, it would be more on the player just not being good enough for Arsenal. We need to take some risk, both for the player, and for us.

9jagooner

I actually don't have a problem with them going on loan. As long as they are playing regular minutes, that will please me - I'd rather them play here instead of some of our other "experienced" dossers in the team, but particularly in Nketiah's case he has 2 very seasoned strikers in front of him who've contributed a lot of goals. I don't expect him to play too many games in front of them - he should have at least had the EL group stages mostly to himself but we had Welbeck for that.

And with Willock, the word is Dani Ceballos is coming on loan. That could potentially bloat our midfield and if Elneny is unfortunately still at the club, then a loan for Willock isn't a bad idea. Again, rather he was playing here, but regular minutes is the order of the day. I'm happy with that. I'm only concerned about the nature of the loan - "where they would go, what role in the team they'll play, are they going to be regulars etc". Nelson had a relatively productive loan that could have been so much better if he actually played more.

To your first point, I think people definitely are underrated Willock and Nketiah, to the point that some are still adamant they won't make it here, which I think is unnecessary hyperbole. They most certainly have the talent to succeed and if given a proper first team run here, I think they would be successful IMO.
Starting from your last point, no-one knows who will make it at Arsenal or not. I for one thought Chuba had a higher chance than Iwobi but see what happened? So when people say xyz won't make it at Arsenal, I just brush it off.

Also, I'm totally against giving players first team games simply because they are from our academy. Especially in games we need to win. Years ago when the Carling cup was still the milk cup, we could afford to play our youth team and still win. These days the "small" teams play their first team in the competition and Man City's third team is almost as good as many first teams.

On Willock, I still think he'll have a chance this season even if we bring a midfielder in. He's the only one of the young gunners that I can expect to have game time if they don't go on loan.
It's almost certain Elneny and Torreira won't start the season given their extended holidays and I think the former will be sold anyways. Willock will start our early game(s) and that'll be his opportunity to impress. I think he can play alongside Xhaka till Torreira is available and then play alongside Torreira if he proves himself.
Eddie needs a loan move. Unfortunately for loans, you don't choose where to go. Clubs have to show interest and if he's good enough, he shouldn't have a challenge with that.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nketiah should learn from Martinelli

I’m not saying he is incapable, but he should do more of this.

00:14-00:18 is more impressive than the videos you have posted.

If you want to prove that he is a great player, you should show 00:14-00:18, and nketiah should do more of that.

The tap-in and your clips means very little, the one I posed (00:14-00:18) above shows how good he can be.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Nketiah is great at 1:28-1:36 and 2:18-2:26

He does it more often now than when he was in youth level, so I’m glad that he is improving. But he need some consistency on this, he need to be able to do this every match.

He needs to learn these sick skills, beautiful one-twos and through passes.

Can anyone send Nketiah this clip so he can practice some step over or even elastico? Modern striker can’t just be quick and have good finishing. They need to get involve in the build up play and be good at it.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The first goal, credit to him knowing there’s space on the right, so he drag the ball there and shoot. But it isn’t that hard to pull off. Anyone can score the second goal to be honest.
Maybe, but if you look at the buildup, he was being marked by two defenders, shrugged one off, and then he takes up an nice position.

ASIF

This boy looks a special talent.No loans for Eddie we need him this season.I would start him in all Carling cup and Europa league matches.Its up to him to force himself in the 1st team.

Iceman10

Established Member
Emery - My plans for Nketiah this season
https://www.arsenal.com/news/emery-my-plans-nketiah-season

[...]

on how close he came to going on loan...
Last year in December we were thinking of loaning him to Germany. We decided he would stay with us to train and progress with us. We started this pre-season with the same idea as we finished last year - stay with us. And my idea is that if you progress like we are seeing from you, you can have a chance here for us.

on whether it's likely he will stay now...
I spoke with him and with the club. He has started with a doubt if it is better for him to stay here with us or leave to play more minutes with another team. But we have examples last year of some players who wanted to go away and didn’t play all we wanted. I said to him to first be focused here. If you earn the right to be with us it’s because I can promise you that you are going to have minutes. But in those minutes you need to learn. And in the pre-season at the moment he’s playing like we want. The young players who are here, this is the moment for them to show how we can use them to help us in the season.

on whether Nketiah needs to stay as striker back-up...
Last year Aubameyang also played sometimes as a winger. Last year we had Auba, Lacazette and Danny Welbeck. They had space to play. We didn’t sign another striker at the moment because we want to give the chances to Nketiah. But every young player, if they deserve to be here we are going to help them.

[...]

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Nketiah is great at 1:28-1:36 and 2:18-2:26

He does it more often now than when he was in youth level, so I’m glad that he is improving. But he need some consistency on this, he need to be able to do this every match.

He needs to learn these sick skills, beautiful one-twos and through passes.

Can anyone send Nketiah this clip so he can practice some step over or even elastico? Modern striker can’t just be quick and have good finishing. They need to get involve in the build up play and be good at it.

Give it a rest for once with the ****ing “skills” bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom