• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I think we are in a position where we can try both AMN and Iwobi at mid. There's very little downside.
Apart from losing 18-0. AMN is absolutely a wide player. His pace and power makes him useful there, his ability on the actual ball is quite pathetic. Iwobi couldn't make up his mind what ice cream flavour he wants, never mind what pass to make. I literally couldn't think of two players i'd like to see in cm less.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
AMN would still struggle in CM. For a start he has difficulties controlling a football, horrendous first touch. Iwobi control of the ball and first touch are very good. His biggest weakness is end product, So further back from goal we wouldn't have to worry so much about that. Not sure if he would reach the level needed but still worth a try.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should include Iwobi in the deal for Zaha. Iwobi, Jenkinson and money could be enough. I'd also consider adding Bielik to the deal. Those three plus 30 pounds could do it.

Steps

I have long maintained Iwobi is weak and of poor quality, this just further cements that. What a loser.

“We have big stars already, so by adding another one I’ll just have to prove I can do better than them.”

Bruv, you haven't been able to prove you're better than anyone and we've lacked wingers for years. Get off it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Iwobi could say that Antarctica is cold and people would be advocating selling him. Nothing wrong with his comments. Iwobi will have a good career here. More than likely in CM. He's one of our few players who doesn't hide in big games

thierrytheking14

Iwobi could say that Antarctica is cold and people would be advocating selling him. Nothing wrong with his comments. Iwobi will have a good career here. More than likely in CM. He's one of our few players who doesn't hide in big games
Yea he never hides, will always show for the ball. Problem usually arrives after he's got it. Just doesn't do enough with it. Final ball, shooting and decision making isn't anywhere near good enough.

Yea he's still relatively young and he can (and probably will) improve but his output needs to take a massive leap which I can't see happening. Has the physical tools but don't think he has it up top.

Iceman10

Established Member
The Sun headline:
"IWOBBLY Arsenal star Alex Iwobi may quit the Gunners if they sign £80million-rated Wilfried Zaha"
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...s-if-they-sign-80million-rated-wilfried-zaha/

Actual Iwobi quote:
“I am up for the fight but the only time I would consider leaving is if I am not playing as much as I would like to"

The headline sets the tone in a tabloid fashion but isn't really what he says. He's not going anywhere. He's not good enough currently to stop the club from signing Zaha (or alternative), so the coming season will be a pivotal one for him at Arsenal.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Iwobi has great future here and his value will only increase if we keep him.

He played plenty last season, has he improved as a player? Has his value risen? My view is that he's not good enough for us and has had plenty of chances to prove his value to us. Sell if we get Zaha.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He played plenty last season, has he improved as a player? Has his value risen? My view is that he's not good enough for us and has had plenty of chances to prove his value to us. Sell if we get Zaha.

For the amount homegrown players are going for, I would not accept a penny under 40m for Iwobi. I rate him, but if selling him meant bringing in a Zaha and/or Pepe then I'm game.

Shahin Tadjalli

Give Iwobi another year mainly through the middle in a 4-3-3 or as a CAM whenever Ceballos and Özil are unavailable.

If he has another season like this one he's gonna be worth 30-40 Mil to some mid table team since he's homegrown, don't be silly lads.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
For the amount homegrown players are going for, I would not accept a penny under 40m for Iwobi. I rate him, but if selling him meant bringing in a Zaha and/or Pepe then I'm game.

Personally I think we could get £25m max, he has too many errors in his game, like when he does all those step overs and then loses it. He sometimes looks the part but its rare. I would happily give Palace Chambers + Iwobi + £30 to £40m for Zaha.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Chambers +Iwobi represents 50m pounds, you'd be crazy to offer that.

I'd sell Iwobi now for 30m if an offer came though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom