• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A$AP Unai

He was probably hiding behind his agent, I can’t imagine he has the balls and strikes me as someone whos scared of confrontation.

And Maldini said if I have to make a tackle it means I’ve already made a mistake, knowing Koscielny all those last ditch tackles is cos he was too rash or made a mistake and had to recover.

Kos was already one of my least favourite players, this stuff just made it worse.

He's hiding behind someone? Yes, definitely that guy that doesn't hide behind his avatar and not pretend to be funny. Very poor attempt at being funny because most people assume you have to make a joke but you still don't get it....

GunnerUK

Don’t think him and Emery get along and that’s playing a big role in this. Kos would of never created like this with Arsène Wenger.

No point in keeping him here if his happy to buy out the remainder of his contract or a bid comes in cut him lose.

His been a solid player though wouldn’t rob him of that remember that Bayern game when we completely Capitulated when he went of injured or how he had Messi in his pocket when we beat them 2-1. What a gem signing by Wenger.

Has become dark with older age though when he got injured against Atletico and missed the World Cup he openly said he didn’t want France to win it out of some self pity.

Really strange.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What facts to emerge? I doubt there is anything that could come out that could paint Kos as justified. People are hanging on to the hope that perhaps he was given some verbal promise and then the club went back on it.

First of all wasn't Kos at the club when suarez had a verbal agreement with Liverpool? We put a bid in, they said **** off, thus proving verbal promises don't mean ****. So he is either very naive or got the memory of a goldfish.

Secondly the few facts we know so far would contradict that. The club and him were in negotiations to EXTEND his contract as late as May. If he was agitating for a move or said he wished to return to France at that time I'm sure the club would have tried atleast to explore what could be done. What most likely happened is (this is what I think, not a facts, but very plausible) that he went away on his break, a few French clubs started to whisper sweet nothings in his ear. By the time he came back his head had been turned.

Can he ask to leave? Yes of course. He decided unilaterally he wanted his contract terminated. When the club said eh?? Probably shocked from just the audacity. He promptly went on strike.

I think people are down playing his tactics. I know players have been sacked before by their clubs (Chelsea with Muto, drugs. Sunderland with Adam Johnston, criminal conviction) etc. Or that players and clubs have parted ways by mutaul agreement, when both parties were happy with that arrangement. I have been looking, but so far I haven't come across any case where a player had demanded unilaterally to have his contract terminated and after it was refused then went on strike. Let alone a captain, a supposed leader of men. A man meant to have a soft spot for the club and its fans.

Even if that wasn't enough, to go on strike and burn all bridges with anyone who cares about Arsenal, the fact it wasn't even a final desperate act shows us that he really doesn't give a **** what anyone else thinks. The time he went on strike and when the French window closes, there was more than 7 weeks left, but no, as soon as he landed he threw his toys out of the pram.

Maybe I was wrong, and he will leave a legacy. The term a 'Koscielny'. A short of like a 'Bosman'. But a 'koscielny' is only available to players near the end of their careers (say over 32) who only have 1 year left on their contract, but have decided they shouldn't be expected to honour it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If his departure frees up some funds that help us get a different player it wouldn’t be so bad to get rid anyway. We shouldn’t have been relying on him so much last season anyway. Let alone this season.

Shahin Tadjalli

Has become dark with older age though when he got injured against Atletico and missed the World Cup he openly said he didn’t want France to win it out of some self pity.

I'm partly French, lived there and started to support them as neither Iran or my birth country, Germany were any options at heart. So don't get me wrong I can't put my self in the shoes of frenchman hearing this statement but for someone close to the country, who's rooting for Les Bleu's... this still has me fuming. :mad:

This is peak treason, if Benz said this they'd strip him off his citizenship!!!!

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm partly French, lived there and started to support them as neither Iran or my birth country, Germany were any options at heart. So don't get me wrong I can't put my self in the shoes of frenchman hearing this statement but for someone close to the country, who's rooting for Les Bleu's... this still has me fuming. :mad:

This is peak treason, if Benz said this they'd strip him off his citizenship!!!!
Bro, you’ve just answered a post I didn’t write :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I need to know more... because Kos going on strike and wanting his contract terminated isn't enough for me. No, actually, it is.
You’ve no idea if or what the club might have renaged on.

Image you were on your monthly promise with the Mrs and last minute she tells you she’s got a headache, bet you’d refuse to visit the in-laws for Sunday lunch.

You’re losing your empathy man.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Dude, seriously, you need to chill out. You are spewing nonsense and spouting stuff that are demonstratively not true. Kos has been our best CB for the last ten year player and for a while among the best in Europe.
I still can't comprehend this level of hate against an Arsenal player and someone who haven't hurt you personally. It is boorish and childish. This is just football, FFS.

Mertesacker was our best CB for the last 10 years, Koscielny has just been around forever.

Let me ask you this, how many games has Koscielny been in where our defence was abysmal? He's been a mainstay in so many bad defences and he's suppose to be the leader but he's the one out there doing the most mistakes. I've seen Arsenal concede 4/5/6 goals way too much with Koscielny leading the back line.

I just don't understand how you can be this great defender when you constantly make mistakes and get roasted by opposition attackers. Omg he's good at recovery tackles, big whoop you shouldn't need to do that in the first place.

But keep taking it personally like Koscielny is your father or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom