• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Agreed. He's not doing himself many favours with the way he's playing, but he has still shown glimpses of quality.

He's seriously quick-footed - the way he speeds our game up reminds me of TR7 a bit.

The kid can be as good as he wants, but he's lacking confidence. The way to get him out of the funk is to give him a lot of game time. Give him minutes to break past the barrier.
Nelson is our best prospect. He is just not match fit in the pre-season/temporarily out of form.

Last edited:

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Nah, all he’s shown is that he needs another loan. Those other three have shown they’re capable of offering something right now.
Agreed mate. Was just interested in your input. Looked a bit timid every time he’s played in the 1st team.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Nice run out. I think we saw the same old Arsenal: great going forward, shaky at the back. Fiorentina should have scored at least 1 goal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looking forward to seeing how we cope with Real. They looked a little off the pace against Bayern but have some immense young players.

Kinda random sidenote but how good is Lewandowski? Most complete centre forward of his generation IMO. 360+ goals and he’s done it against the very best time and again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nelson is our best prospect. He is just not match fit in the pre-season/temporarily out of form.
I'm not going to say he isn't because obviously I don't live in England but from what I've seen are you sure he is? From what I've seen, Saka or martinelli are our most hopeful wingers.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm not going to say he isn't because obviously I don't live in England but from what I've seen are you sure he is? From what I've seen, Saka or martinelli are our most hopeful wingers.
Saka and Martinelli are great too. But Nelson has previously showed what he is capable of. Just not yet in this pre-season.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I actually thinks he has too much execution confidence, and it brings down his mental confidence. Confused? so am I... lol kidding ill try to explain...

I think because of his confidence in his ability he tries complicated dribbles and passes that he's not executing well at the moment. and thats bringing his mental confidence down

Needs to get his head down, go back to basic to get that execution confidence going. then he can try those stuff again, when your in form.

He is so disappointing compared to how highly i thought of him, he was the most exciting prospect we have. according to the preseason Eddie, Martinelli, Willock, even Burton looks more composed and promising than him

The great players can recognize when they are out of form, and try to hold back that flair a bit and bringing it back slowly as they get sharper.

If you keep trying those stuff and it doesnt work you'll spiral down mentally.

He has Huge Potential. i just hope he has the right mindset to follow.

I played pool at International level for 7 years and I saw what you are describing all the time. The best players were the ones who recognised that they weren't playing well, adjusted their game accordingly and played simple. The average players were the ones who still tried to pot everything in sight even when they were playing poorly and then got frustrated with themselves for missing and losing frame after frame.

Self evaluation is an invaluable skill at the top end of sport and yet it is rarely talked about.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Looking forward to seeing how we cope with Real. They looked a little off the pace against Bayern but have some immense young players.

Kinda random sidenote but how good is Lewandowski? Most complete centre forward of his generation IMO. 360+ goals and he’s done it against the very best time and again.
Most complete striker in world football currently.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dreading the Madrid game, glad I’ll miss it.

They could have scored 4/5 against Bayern looking at the highlights. Hazard and co could destroy us.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Saka and Martinelli are great too. But Nelson has previously showed what he is capable of. Just not yet in this pre-season.
Well yeah that's what I stated, I didn't want to get criticized here big time so I didn't deny him haha, Just seen 3 games in the friendlies so far, atm those 2 have impressed me more. I didn't get the chance to watch Nelson at all on loan last year though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Dreading the Madrid game, glad I’ll miss it.

They could have scored 4/5 against Bayern looking at the highlights. Hazard and co could destroy us.
Madrid did not impress me at all today, Bayern were so much the better team & they looked pretty poor in general I thought, nowhere near their best though.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Most complete striker in world football currently.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom