• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,250
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
English players cost more, you’re not telling us anything new.

Tah is a good shout, but Utd want somebody who’ll come in straight away and perform, Tah will need time to adjust to the league.

In the end all that matters is whether Maguire makes them stronger and more likely for them to make top 4, which can be answered with a big yes.

But in regard to your statement of 60m being worse for Zaha than 80m for Maguire I dont agree. Even though I'd cap myself at 50+redundant players for him.

Considering what's a bigger upgrade on the team and the overall functional workings of the squad, Zaha has a greater effect and thus improves us more than a Maguire does in comparison to their current options.

I already said that before, we've actual non-functional parts in the team, like real blackholes, something the others have not. We can improve more easily.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Alderweireld, De Ligt, Inter Milan CB's, Varane probably wouldn't be 80M and I'm not sure Koulibaly would be either. They all start at 100M and go down.

Maguire will now constantly be compared to VVD and expect to have the same impact, which he won't.

Your options are limited when these big players don't even consider joining you.

De Ligt and Koulibaly we went for but no interest.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sad ending for bale if he going to china. Still has the ability to preform in high level

His choice. He's been on so much money for 6 years. His family and generations to come are set. He could take a pay cut to play somewhere proper but he doesn't want to.

Doesn't care about his career if he goes to China. Weird for me though, surely you'd rather live in Europe

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Reading bale to earn 1 million a week in China

th

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

https://www.transfermarkt.de/medizi...sel-zu-monterrey-nach-mexiko/view/news/341234

Vincent Janssen leaving Sp**s for 7m, not playing at all. Meanwhile Elneny and Jenks are feasting on our costs, eventually leaving for nothing.

That's the power of a deep CL run - brand awareness.

Our brand is ****ing terrible right now that's why we can't sell anyone, granted we've never really been good at selling players but the Arsenal brand has taken a huge hit over the past three seasons.

Look at the players we used to be able to flog to Barca, now no one wants to touch our players because a) they're overpaid and b) we're ****

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sad ending for bale if he going to china. Still has the ability to preform in high level

He’s still good for Real when he’s played it’s just the injuries and the time it takes to recover isn’t really worth it at 650k a week.

benjamin86

Established Member
That's the power of a deep CL run - brand awareness.

Our brand is ****ing terrible right now that's why we can't sell anyone, granted we've never really been good at selling players but the Arsenal brand has taken a huge hit over the past three seasons.

Look at the players we used to be able to flog to Barca, now no one wants to touch our players because a) they're overpaid and b) we're ****
I don't think we've ever sold well to Barca.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
In regards to Bale, perhaps he doesn't want to/doesn't have the confidence in his body holding up to continue playing at the high intensity level of European football and would rather now play in a less demanding league due to his injury issues.

If the 1m/week offer is true, that probably explains it, but he's reportedly on 600k/week before tax at Madrid already, so it'd say a lot for his mindset as a sportsman if he was already swayed into a retirement league due to some more cash.

Whatever the reason, it'd be a shame, as even though he was a spud, he was an electrifying player at his peak. You want to see the top players in the top leagues, and you feel he still has something to offer at the highest level.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
In regards to Bale, perhaps he doesn't want to/doesn't have the confidence in his body holding up to continue playing at the high intensity level of European football and would rather now play in a less demanding league due to his injury issues.

If the 1m/week offer is true, that probably explains it, but he's reportedly on 600k/week before tax at Madrid already, so it'd say a lot for his mindset as a sportsman if he was already swayed into a retirement league due to some more cash.

Whatever the reason, it'd be a shame, as even though he was a spud, he was an electrifying player at his peak. You want to see the top players in the top leagues, and you feel he still has something to offer at the highest level.

Bale is an Arsenal fan tbf. Probably doesnt feel anything for Sp**s.

ASIF

I dont believe bale is on 650k a week.I mean Madrid can be stupid but not this stupid.He must be around 300 to 350k a week like our very own Mesut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom