• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If my cleaner is cleaning my flat for 10 years I wouldn't mind giving him a payoff when he's retiring. Loyalty is a two way street, you can't expect loyalty from players if you aren't loyal to them.
Koscielny has been loyally paid every month he's been here, even when he barely played due to injuries. He is not retiring, he wants to break his contract so he can make more money than by staying here and loyally honouring the improved contract which he signed under no duress.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Koscielny has been loyally paid every month he's been here, even when he barely played due to injuries. He is not retiring, he wants to break his contract so he can make more money than by staying here and loyally honouring the improved contract which he signed under no duress.
Is he making more money? Is anyone paying him more than Arsenal are? I think the only thing they're offering is a longer deal, and the allure of spending the last couple of years in his home country. I don't think either party is entirely blameless by the way, this situation could've been handled better.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Weird guy, never pushed for a move when he could have probably edged a move to one of the bigger European clubs and is now desperate to leave for nothing French teams.

Use to think he was loyal but perhaps he's just a coward/idiot.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Weird guy, never pushed for a move when he could have probably edged a move to one of the bigger European clubs and is now desperate to leave for nothing French teams.

neither, perhaps - he's desperate, I suspect, to get away from Emery and the new set-up

carlito'sway

Established Member

The dude is from the Brittany region and wants to go home and ends his career there. Who knows what he was promised by the club. Hopefully, he will tell his side of the story soon.

ClubLevel

If my cleaner is cleaning my flat for 10 years I wouldn't mind giving him a payoff when he's retiring. Loyalty is a two way street, you can't expect loyalty from players if you aren't loyal to them.

If your cleaner was off sick for nearly a year fully paid by your business, then he comes back, goes on strike & then it costs you more to replace him would you still be happy to let him go in those circumstances?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
......and some people are still defending him. It seems to some it doesn't matter what Kos does they will excuse it somehow. He could kick the s hit out of our academy players then proceed to set the training complex on fire. "...something must have set him off....we should wait till we know his side of the story". Don't understand such loyalty to a player who is trying to royally feck us over.

Anyway regarding why Rennes/Bordeaux don't want to pay any transfer fee for him. I'm sure they have discussed this with Kos, they are willing to give him a 3 year contract with high wages, but only if they don't have to pay any fee. If they have to pay us a transfer fee, I'm sure then Kos would have to lower his wages demands.

That's why Kos is fighting so hard to get his contract terminated. These french clubs aren't willing to pay his high wages plus a transfer fee for a near 34 years old.

I reckon we would let him go if they offer us 4-8m. Now he has gone on strike we probably might even accept less. We shouldn't, because then we have given in to his cry baby tactiscs. Believe me it will open a can of worms.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Really interesting those reports from Manu that he’s agreed terms with both Bordeaux and Rennes. So much for being desperate to go home, he’s just looking for the best possible deal for himself. He’s entitled to do that but the club doesn’t have to bend over backwards to accommodate him.

How is it not loyal not pushing for bigger European club?

The guys career is over a top level. He is 33 coming back from terrible injury and want to finish his career back home. 9 years of great service. We should respect his wishes.

Also we shouldn't be relying on him for next season. Only a 3rd tier club in the league would do stuff like that. But then again maybe our bar has fallen that low. Mustshit and past it Koscielny as your main CBs? Please...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The dude is from the Brittany region and wants to go home and ends his career there. Who knows what he was promised by the club. Hopefully, he will tell his side of the story soon.

We’ll see.

Does it matter what he was promised? Should he have gotten injured would he still have wanted Arsenal to keep to their word.

Provided he didn’t have a move lined up at the end of May and we went back on it I can’t see what the club has done wrong.

You signed a contract, either pay up or shut up.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Really interesting those reports from Manu that he’s agreed terms with both Bordeaux and Rennes. So much for being desperate to go home, he’s just looking for the best possible deal for himself. He’s entitled to do that but the club doesn’t have to bend over backwards to accommodate him.

If Kos genuinely only wanted to just go home. He wouldn't have contradicted himself at every opportunity.

Reactions: A_G

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

I respect your opinion, and not trying to pick a fight with you but would your opinion change if he went to a club who isnt based in Brittany? Is that still considered going back home?

Bordeaux have been heavily linked with him too, arent they located on the other side of the country?

carlito'sway

Established Member
I respect your opinion, and not trying to pick a fight with you but would your opinion change if he went to a club who isnt based in Brittany? Is that still considered going back home?

Bordeaux have been heavily linked with him too, arent they located on the other side of the country?

My views on this situation have always been that there must be more to this matter. Kos has spent 9 years at the club and from all accounts has been a great servant. I would wait to hear the other side of the story.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Koscielny surely could have handled the situation better but until we hear his side of the story i refuse to acknowledge that he is a cvnt. The truth is that Kos is one of my favorite players so i need his statement before i turn against him.

Wryer

Kos was probably hoping for a good will gesture from the club and allow him to go home after 9 fairly solid years with the club. Fair enough.

The problem is - this is on good will and you don't throw your panties when it's not given.

Arson Finger

If Rennes don't want to pay the money, then they need to work out a swap and give us a we can use player instead of cash. Give us the right back Hamari Traore or some other player who can help our squad, like we were planning on Koscielny helping our squad this year.

Same with Bordeaux, if they don't want to pay cash, then send us a player who has similar value to Koscielny who can strengthen our squad.

If neither club will do that, then that shows they are just trying to take advantage of Arsenal always being chumps in the transfer market, and we should tell them and Koscielny that he has a contract here and he is staying, period.

But we won't, we'll cave in as always and give him away for a third of his value, and other players, agents and teams will see that as more proof that Arsenal are still chumps who can be bullied and taken advantage of.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If Rennes don't want to pay the money, then they need to work out a swap and give us a we can use player instead of cash. Give us the right back Hamari Traore or some other player who can help our squad, like we were planning on Koscielny helping our squad this year.

Same with Bordeaux, if they don't want to pay cash, then send us a player who has similar value to Koscielny who can strengthen our squad.

If neither club will do that, then that shows they are just trying to take advantage of Arsenal always being chumps in the transfer market, and we should tell them and Koscielny that he has a contract here and he is staying, period.

But we won't, we'll cave in as always and give him away for a third of his value, and other players, agents and teams will see that as more proof that Arsenal are still chumps who can be bullied and taken advantage of.

This case is even worse than the usual antics our players used to pull when wanting to leave. We all thought Cesc, Ashley Cole etc behaved badly when they were trying to force the club to sell. But none of them went on strike. Kos not only asked his contract to be terminated but went on strike too. The cheek of the lad. If we had money like City I would say let him spend a year with the reserves. Let him be on strike there. He might even be shocked back to the real world, when he sees he is even more childish than the kids he would be training with.

Alas we can't do that, and Kos is taking advantage of that fact.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ok dude. Can't have any rational convo with someone so blinded by hate and rage against a football player that he can't see facts. Did Kos steal your wife or gf or something? :lol:
Anyway, you are on your own with your rants. Ciao sweetie!

You’re not trying to have a rational conversation, you’re just throwing out petty statements and trying to belittle me.

You haven’t actually made any points in this matter you just got personal with me, while I made 3 or 4 different points as to why I’ve never rated Koscielny. All you’ve said is some fanboy sh1t about how he’s the best.

Next time don’t try get into debates if you’re just gonna have a tantrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom