• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Matt Smith or Xabi Alonso?
Answer me first. What’s your logic here?
Just asking as you’re comparing yourself to Pep and Mourinho.
What’s your logic here? Of course not.

Me: I wear mercurial boots because they are better than average boots.
You: Nah...average boots are better.
Me: But professional footballers wear mercurial boots.
You: Who?
Me: Ronaldo
You: Are you comparing yourself to Ronaldo?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What’s your favourite formation on FM?
No favourite formation.

If your opponent plays wide, you overload the middle.

If they tuck their winger in to prevent being outnumbered in the middle.
You attack the flanks.

If they shift their team to one side of the pitch to prevent being overload on that side, you play the ball accross to the other side to exploit the space.

Formation can be different in different moment of a game.
What defines a tactic is more about the general philosophy, the style of passing, the fluidity, the lines of engagement, the vertical/horizontal spacing between players, and more importantly, how you instruct your players to play.

Understanding how you can overload a part of the pitch to create space in the other part of the pitch, and avoid your opponent doing the same.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The same can be said to guardiola, who finds possession based football superior.

Mourinho love parking the bus and play boring football.

Lots of managers have their believes and approach.
Possession based Guardiola is also not above putting out a 442 team to play direct and cross for a penalty box striker like he did for Bayern. Because he understands football is not black and white.

We all love skillful players who can pass, dribble and are clever in movement and thought but to dismiss the merits of intangibles like work rate, off the ball movement, and athleticism is ignorant at best.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think ESR is fully fit, he was doing individual work again. Don’t see him playing against Madrid sadly.

I don’t think ESR is fully fit, he was doing individual work again. Don’t see him playing against Madrid sadly.

giphy.gif

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People always need to spin a negative dialogue on here from anything they see, it's quite sad really.

On a positive note it's fantastic to see Ljunberg is keeping our young players happy. We have 3 talented wingers in Martinelli, Saka and Nelson so I'm sure he can teach them a thing or two.

Exciting times ahead; Willock, ESR, Saka, Nelson, Martinelli, Nketiah. I expect a couple of these guys to really shine this season, I hope we balance out their opportunities well.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is Arsenal Emery you play the kids

Not even talking to them ffs

"Does not have to speak to us directly." doesn't mean automatically "Does not speak to us directly.", if that's what you meant to say. It's just having "someone" to help management of youngsters, while of course Emery is still learning English.

Saka also said: "The boss is doing a good job of managing all of us, helping us to progress every day and to learn."

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
"Does not have to speak to us directly." doesn't mean automatically "Does not speak to us directly.", if that's what you meant to say. It's just having "someone" to help management of youngsters, while of course Emery is still learning English.

Saka also said: "The boss is doing a good job of managing all of us, helping us to progress every day and to learn."

Let me hate on Emery in peace.

But really, why weren't some of these kids making appearances when we looked totally bereft of ideas last season?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Let me hate on Emery in peace.

But really, why weren't some of these kids making appearances when we looked totally bereft of ideas last season?

Many many reasons very likely, but to make it easy for some people's brains I say just because Emery is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom