• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

To be fair. Chelsea have spend some crazy money on players. £50m for a crocked Torres. £60m for a Dortmund reserve. £70m for Kepa.

Also odoi will come good after injury and pulisic im will be a good player not as good as hazard but he is fast and good at running at players in tight areas and will do well in epl and is a good hazard replacement

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

To be fair. Chelsea have spend some crazy money on players. £50m for a crocked Torres. £60m for a Dortmund reserve. £70m for Kepa.

Torres was signed due to his reputation. He was lethal in the PL.

Pulisic and Kepa aren’t turning 28 next year, Zaha is. I can’t see it happening, it’s more likely they’ll go after a Nicolas Pepe.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Torres was signed due to his reputation. He was lethal in the PL.

Pulisic and Kepa aren’t turning 28 next year, Zaha is. I can’t see it happening, it’s more likely they’ll go after a Nicolas Pepe.

I don't think Chelsea want Zaha. I was just replying to the bit that Chelsea wouldn't spend that amount of money, or that they care about being seen as a laughing stock. They have done those two things before with the deals I mentioned.

Anyway @parishioner is just hoping Chelsea get involved so they can get a bidding war. Zero indication chelsea want Zaha, or even that Zaha would go there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don't think Chelsea want Zaha. I was just replying to the bit that Chelsea wouldn't spend that amount of money, or that they care about being seen as a laughing stock. They have done those two things before with the deals I mentioned.

Anyway @parishioner is just hoping Chelsea get involved so they can get a bidding war. Zero indication chelsea want Zaha, or even that Zaha would go there.

They’ve got a transfer ban so they’re irrelevant.

I’m confident if we pull our sh*t together, Zaha will be an Arsenal player very soon.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
In which case it would have to be cash plus (the right) players to fill the gap at Palace.

If nothing has been agreed by this Thursday (2 weeks before deadline) I would hope Palace would announce "..faites vos jeux - no more bets please"....

Not impossible, but don't fall into the trap of thinking you get a better deal by waiting ("until Palace are desperate") because Parish is not desperate (or even remotely interested) to sell.

You made a £35m loss last season? Seems a pretty desperate financial situation to me even with the Bissaka sale.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope you stick around after the window closes. Your posts are top notch these days.

I won’t be here but this forum needs new blood like you.

tis.gif

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If we add up on our latest offer by much more than 5-10m and not some redundant players it's going to become ridiculous.

Problem is that I really can't think about many better options ability wise that would come here.

Will also be interesting what this Soares stuff is all about.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Palace isn't the club pleading poverty here..... you're shopping at Palace not Poundland

Worrying times when club like palace is losing that sort of money even in the premier League. The cupboard is quite bare in terms of sellable assets as well. Relegation would be disaster when you have guys like Meyer on the wage he is.

parishioner

Croydon's GDeep
Worrying times when club like palace is losing that sort of money even in the premier League. The cupboard is quite bare in terms of sellable assets as well. Relegation would be disaster when you have guys like Meyer on the wage he is.

Such is the life of a yo-yo club with a small stadium. For most fans, Palace has been living the dream for the past 5 years, hence we dont have a sense of entitlement and we do have an atmosphere....

I don’t think Zaha is consistent enough to justify the price being asked and I’d hate to lose Nelson or Saka in return for him. For me our forwards plus these youngsters are good enough for this season and we should be bolstering the defence instead. RB, CB x 2 and LB all required. Monreal, Koscielny and Mustafi need upgrading and we need cover for Bellerin. I also want to see AMN play in his proper position.

Iceman10

Established Member
The dynamism and physical strength of Zaha compensates somewhat for any concerns over consistency, and his work rate is at a pretty good level now compared with a few years back. I don't see too much to be concerned about regarding consistency, beyond the minor usual allowance that normally is in-built with ensuring there isn't over-reliance on one player in the attacking unit to be stellar every game. 60-65m is fair market value, IMO, and we hope to keep that number down with players going the other way.

On finances, and going with youth, it is pretty clear that our self-sustaining model is dependent on qualifying for the CL and the additional money that provides. We need to get back into the CL for 2020/21. We can't afford to overdo it with the youth project. Getting into rotation is good enough for these players. If they do even better than that, would of course be a bonus.

The dynamism and physical strength of Zaha compensates somewhat for any concerns over consistency, and his work rate is at a pretty good level now compared with a few years back. I don't see too much to be concerned about regarding consistency, beyond the minor usual allowance that normally is in-built with ensuring there isn't over-reliance on one player in the attacking unit to be stellar every game.
I’d agree with this @ c£35m but not @ £80m...

Iceman10

Established Member
@Ernie Eskilsson

You obviously are pushing an angle based on your belief in Nelson and Saka. So far this preseason we've seen that we are missing a lot out wide, the only player showing anything reasonable out there being Aubameyang, and that is just too much of a gap going into the season, IMO.

Most here from what I've seen would be ok with:

LB - Tierney
CB - Saliba (loan back)
CB - replacement for Kos, 10-15m (e.g. Pape Abou Cisse, Kannermann)
CM - Ceballos
AM/F - Zaha (or Soares)

What you want is slightly different, and that's ok, but there is no need to get into Zaha being worth only 35m as central to your argument, because IMO that is unnecessary absurd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom