• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Many many reasons very likely, but to make it easy for some people's brains I say just because Emery is dumb.
I wouldn’t say Emery is dumb, I think he’s a bit of a coward. Probably could and may have been tempted to play some of the youngsters but he has lots of pressure on him

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Jesus Christ @THunter, lay off this dude. It's already bad enough having to read his posts, but now half the page is taken with his replies to you.
How is this bad? Can you point out anything I’ve said that is incorrect here?
No favourite formation.

If your opponent plays wide, you overload the middle.

If they tuck their winger in to prevent being outnumbered in the middle.
You attack the flanks.

If they shift their team to one side of the pitch to prevent being overload on that side, you play the ball accross to the other side to exploit the space.

Formation can be different in different moment of a game.
What defines a tactic is more about the general philosophy, the style of passing, the fluidity, the lines of engagement, the vertical/horizontal spacing between players, and more importantly, how you instruct your players to play.

Understanding how you can overload a part of the pitch to create space in the other part of the pitch, and avoid your opponent doing the same.
People were praising Nketiah for his physicality but I was praising him on his technique.
How is that wrong?

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Many many reasons very likely, but to make it easy for some people's brains I say just because Emery is dumb.

Yeah,as member of the low intelligence masses this explanation works for me

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So I've rewatched the highlights so far but it's quite hard to really judge individuals. Who is looking ready for the new season and who is not?

From what I can tell the keepers are looking good. The defense looks its usual dodgy self. Willock, Saka, Nketiah look on it, Martinelli impressive. Auba looks really in shape already. Laca and Özil looking okay. Mkhi looks a bit naff, made a sweet pass to Auba though. Good cameos from other kids and the rest if the seniors look off the pace.

9jagooner

Yeah, but surely oir first team not include Özil, Mhki, Xhaka, and Mustafi together.

What is our first team?

Heck, even Martinez looks impressive.
Haha...We all know barring new signings and injuries, what our first team will look like for the coming season. And it included at least 3 of those 4 guys.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
So I've rewatched the highlights so far but it's quite hard to really judge individuals. Who is looking ready for the new season and who is not?

From what I can tell the keepers are looking good. The defense looks its usual dodgy self. Willock, Saka, Nketiah look on it, Martinelli impressive. Auba looks really in shape already. Laca and Özil looking okay. Mkhi looks a bit naff, made a sweet pass to Auba though. Good cameos from other kids and the rest if the seniors look off the pace.

Looking ready:
Willock - composed, stronger, sensible passing, good bursts into box. Could do a Guendouzi.
Auba - looks match fit compared to every other team and teammate
Nketiah - much improved confidence, great movement and more powerful than I saw last season.

Exceeding expectation:
Saka - dynamic, exciting and the one to watch in 2 years time.
Martinelli - so quick! Looks a little lightweight but has tremendous directness and work rate.
Burton - has impressed and looked solid
Özil - against Bayern was more effort than all of last season. Was a pleasure to watch.

Looking slightly underwhelming:
Nelson - hasn’t done a great deal, should be applying himself like the other youngsters and see it as a trial. Not dreadful by any means, maybe just a victim of being overhyped.
Laca - think he looked a little tired against Bayern in particular, obviously he will come good. Maybe it was being alongside Auba and Özil who were particularly athletic in that game.

Looking off the pace:
Mhki - despite that ball against Bayern he was dreadful the rest of the match. Simple passes astray, no threat out wide.
Monreal - legs going going gone.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Whats the go, the format of the CC this year? We play the final of our 3 tomorrow, say we win or draw that, we'll be on top I'd imagine, what if someone else wins equal on points with us aswell? Do we play them in a final or something?

Whats the go, the format of the CC this year? We play the final of our 3 tomorrow, say we win or draw that, we'll be on top I'd imagine, what if someone else wins equal on points with us aswell? Do we play them in a final or something?
Decided in this order:
Head to head, goal difference, goals scored, goals conceded, results against the same opponent, least red cards, least yellow cards, least fouls commited, and finally coin toss.
(From the ICC website)

Wow this game is 23:00 here... Can't wait for that Auba-Laca duo, and Özil and Miki starting with them. With bumlegend Xhaka in midfield. Plus Kolasinac and Mustafi in defense!

:drool::drool:

I wonder what team Real will put out tonight?

I notice that they play Atletico on Friday, I imagine they will save some of their better ones for that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wow this game is 23:00 here... Can't wait for that Auba-Laca duo, and Özil and Miki starting with them. With bumlegend Xhaka in midfield. Plus Kolasinac and Mustafi in defense!

:drool::drool:
That lineup is gonna be annoying later. Only looking forward to some. Really want to see how Willock does again, plus how AMN will continue to adapt to this RB experiment. Özil and Auba have looked good too.

Don't want to see Xhaka, Mhki or Mustafi but chances are we're gonna see them.

gkoat

Obv looking forward to Madrid but us there anyway to stream this Barnet friendly our kids are playing in England tomorrow?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Marca predicting we going 4-3-3 today with Shocking defense of course and Willock start Auba in right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom