• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,050

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I could counter this but it's not worth a response, if you want to believe that fair enough, I how ever don't buy it.

You can't not buy it, its there for all to see. The owner won't put any of his money in for transfers. I'll reiterate, we've spent enough over the past 4 or 5 seasons to properly challenge, the old regime failed, we're starting again.

I personally don't expect Stan to mop up where people went wrong with dollar bills either, that's why we have to be clever this window.

Axel_Gunner

end of season
we analysed the last season, squad and problems and found several areas to improve, we are working on different solutions to find early signings to improve

weeks later, us tour
"Our target is to get three or four players who really improve our squad.
We are being very demanding about the possibility to sign very expensive players."

23rd of july
“We have different names and the club is working on that.”

last day of transfer window
Arsenal sign Ceballos on loan.

End of story. Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

end of season
we analysed the last season, squad and problems and found several areas to improve, we are working on different solutions to find early signings to improve

weeks later, us tour
"Our target is to get three or four players who really improve our squad.
We are being very demanding about the possibility to sign very expensive players."

23rd of july
“We have different names and the club is working on that.”

last day of transfer window
Arsenal sign Ceballos on loan.

End of story. Arsenal.
Honesty he said today we are want to sign 3-4 players again. that not up to emery it's up to club to deliver.

Alkane

We have had long term interested in Saliba Tierney and Zaha.

The first two we tried/are trying to get the best deal possible to suit our limited resources in terms of payment structure. We could’ve signed both instantly if we really wanted/want to.

Zaha is the only one that will go down to the wire, getting the best payment structure for Saliba and hopefully Tierney allows us to put up increases cash for Zaha.

Some people need to have some perspective ffs

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We have had long term interested in Saliba Tierney and Zaha.

The first two we tried/are trying to get the best deal possible to suit our limited resources in terms of payment structure. We could’ve signed both instantly if we really wanted/want to.

Zaha is the only one that will go down to the wire, getting the best payment structure for Saliba and hopefully Tierney allows us to put up increases cash for Zaha.

Tried doesn't cut it. Neither does keeping it in perspective. We need results now.

Alkane

Tried doesn't cut it. Neither does keeping it in perspective. We need results now.

At the end of the window, if we have failed to sign Tierney and Zaha then it is 100% a failure.

If by the end of the window we get Saliba Tierney with preferential payment structures that meant we were able to also sign Zaha then it’s a success.

The pissing about with bids / instalments/ addons etc would all be worth it, but if after all of that pissing about we don’t manage to sign them then yes it’s a shambles. So I guess my point is people are jumping the gun massively, when the window is shut then you can chat **** about our strategy

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
At the end of the window, if we have failed to sign Tierney and Zaha then it is 100% a failure.

If by the end of the window we get Saliba Tierney with preferential payment structures that meant we were able to also sign Zaha then it’s a success.

The pissing about with bids / instalments/ addons etc would all be worth it, but if after all of that pissing about we don’t manage to sign them then yes it’s a shambles. So I guess my point is people are jumping the gun massively, when the window is shut then you can chat **** about our strategy
If we sign Zaha and Tierney, it'll still be a failure without a cb upgrade available now. Those three, Cellabos and 4 or 5 sales and I'll stop whinging.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Well, my perspective is that our squad is unbalanced, lacks quality and has gaping holes in it. Meanwhile, we've done **** all to sell dross or bring in players in time to join in pre-season to get some cohesion and structure going ahead of a very difficult start of the season. Damn right I'm annoyed.

I'm happy with Ceballos and Saliba but that's only one of four holes in the startig XI plugged. Not mention the temporary hole at RB.

Plans ready my ass, what top management doesn't have a plan B ready in case you don't get the desired outcome on a 50/50 gamble. Shambles.

They still have time to turn this franchise around, but it's going to take more than a Zaha, Tierney, Ceballos window. And our pre-season is still suboptimal.

Alkane

If we sign Zaha and Tierney, it'll still be a failure without a cb upgrade available now. Those three, Cellabos and 4 or 5 sales and I'll stop whinging.
Agreed but the club can’t do much if there is no interest in most our crap players. Awful management from the guys on our end giving these contracts out and making said players unsellable.

As you said though in an ideal world we sign Tierney Saliba Zaha Ceballos loan, sell the likes of Mustafi, Elneny, Jenkinson, Kolasinic/Montreal, Mkhyaryan minimum and get an additional starting CB. I’ts astounding that we cannot find a single club interested in some of those aforementioned players, swear this doesn’t happen to any other club ffs

Hexagon9

Agreed but the club can’t do much if there is no interest in most our crap players. Awful management from the guys on our end giving these contracts out and making said players unsellable.

As you said though in an ideal world we sign Tierney Saliba Zaha Ceballos loan, sell the likes of Mustafi, Elneny, Jenkinson, Kolasinic/Montreal, Mkhyaryan minimum and get an additional starting CB. I’ts astounding that we cannot find a single club interested in some of those aforementioned players, swear this doesn’t happen to any other club ffs
Isn’t Montreal in Canada?

I agree with your point though, but I suspect that most other clubs have exactly the same issues.

Our apparent failure to address the CB problem (again) for next season is a major worry though.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
EDIT: Field is right.

Team news indicates Emery 100% going with 4231/433 this year with Auba on the right. Said this team would play Newcastle. LW and LB needed with this. GET IT DONE.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Do you guys remember 1. July 2019? When we were going to sign 4 players and had 125 M transfer kit!

Good times!
July 1st 2019 we were posting fake Adidas UK tweets with our targets on our kits and being linked to Yacine Brahimi and Gary Cahill, far from 125M and 4 players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom