• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Bin Mkhi, get a LW and let the youngsters carry the cups and use them as super subs on the PL.

StefanB

Reducing Xhaka, Kolasinac and Mikhitaryan to rotational players would do us good. Ceballos, Tierney and Zaha to upgrade on them.

Just missing a good CB to take over for our traitor "captain" and ditching Mustafi.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Pelanties, commentator's been really biased towards Real, like beyond the mega spending and start studded squad they need more in their favour

blaze_of_glory

I hate to say it, but Nelson from what I've seen does not look ready to make the jump. Everything people get rightly made at Mikhi for he also seems to do, but with less confidence and strength. Willock and Eddie look much more likely make an impact for us this season imo.

But I've only ever seen Nelson play in these preseason games (this year and previous), so can't say if this is normal for him, might be unfair.

Gunner-Union

Yeah. Got a bit of a spiky edge to him aswell, not a shrinking violet. Just needs to play a bit quicker sometimes but technique is there. Played some good passes and made good tackles when coming on.

I don’t know much about him maybe someone here knows more but he seems a good all round player

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Also think nelson or saka could play on the left with pea Down the middle but we need a left winger and lb
Yeah, away from home I don't think Auba+Lacazette really works, so I'd be up to give one of the youngsters the available wing if they keep showing the same hunger.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Quite a watchable game. Youngsters impressive again for me.

Can't ignore those missed chances by Eddie. Second one is reactionary, but he should be finishing his bread and butter one on ones. Thought he got bullied a bit by Varane also.

Nelson has no conviction. It's actually quite worrying. Looks very erratic and weak legged. Saka on the other hand looks strong and confident.

Not sure why people are moaning at the Willock sub. He came on against Fiorentina. Can't overplay the guy.

blaze_of_glory

This commentator is seriously pissing me off.. Bale must be buzzing inside because he scored a goal in a meaningless friendly :lol:
They have been absolutely sucking Bale off the whole time. Talking about how Zidane must be having second thoughts, that he's lifting this tournament in a way that Neymar apparently did at some point. Its stupid.

Ashybashy86

I tend to agree. In addition to our woeful defenders I'm starting to wonder if Emery teams can actually defend: 52, 45, 50, the amount of goals conceeded in all of his full seasons at Sevilla.

54, 40, 44, 44 the goals condeded in his seasons at Valencia. All similar profile to Arsenal and he hasn't conceded less that 40 goals per full season with any of them.
He’s an offensive manager and I admire that, but he certainly needs to sign a reliable defender for this season. There are rumours Fabian Schär is available for a relatively low fee.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Emery was awful tonight. Persisting with some players despite them being so obviously horrible.

We are such a damaged team. Our mentality this second half was just astonishing.

Martinez very good except the Bale goal.

All in all, we have a long long season ahead of us. I for one have no optimism left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom