• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Actually, Pepe is the one with the most news around, but still not convinced we are ready to pay that much.

Just theoretically speaking, saying Pepe is our number one target, waiting till mid-week would not only leave us with way to little time to make sure we get a backup, but would kill half of AM too, especially @OnlyOne - who's already loosing it regularly

In fairness the deal would likely be 5 years of instalments at 80m euro. Which is easy for us to do.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Maybe my barmy theory was right then, Pepe first choice, Zaha bid if that doesn't go through :lol::lol: imagine.

That still doesn’t explain why Napoli appear to be the only club he has actually held talks with so far. Of the four clubs mentioned they’d be at the bottom of the list when it comes to salary and agent fees. They went there yesterday looking to do a deal and got lowballed. Now they need to get Napoli to come back to the table and offer something closer to what they want. What better way to do that than pretend he’s thinking about joining three other clubs?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That still doesn’t explain why Napoli appear to be the only club he has actually held talks with so far. Of the four clubs mentioned they’d be at the bottom of the list when it comes to salary and agent fees. They went there yesterday looking to do a deal and got lowballed. Now they need to get Napoli to come back to the table and offer something closer to what they want. What better way to do that than pretend he’s thinking about joining three other clubs?

Very good point. Or Napoli could just be his preference.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No, its the club president that's said that not some journalist. There's no reason for the president to care how much the agent/player earns. From the players perspective Napoli is the best choice, they're a CL club who'll offer him a first team berth. He'll be a backup at Liverpool, and Inter/Arsenal aren;t in the CL

goldengod

I can't see this being true to be honest. If we genuinely had bid €80m euro for Pepe, then why have we only been willing to bid £40m for Zaha? Assuming that Zaha was/is our first choice, you'd imagine we'd be willing to pay the same for him and you'd think that Palace would have been potentially accepting that sum

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Risky strategy if true.

I guess we've come to a point where a deal for Soares is easy to be done in short time.

That way we can wait for Pepe to decide, maybe watch how the Zaha situation unfolds and switch to Soares by next thursday or friday.

Ugly for us fans, but probably how it's going to go down now. We'll suffer till the end :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom