• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

How are they not ready? They can improve and get better when they play real games when there is something at stake. The perfomances we saw from the elder players are a regular occurrence.

Exactly. I'm fed up of watching poor performances from our senior players. Give these hungry young guns a proper chance. I just can't see Emery doing that though especially when he is more or less into the last year of his contract. The man in your avatar might though....

The drop in intensity levels from the seniors in second half worries me... Plus that there are so many **** players there.

Kolasinac, Mikitaryan, Xhaka seems to be carry on the form from last season. Which is beyond bad. Sokratis honestly was having a decent game but he is just so bad and stupid that it is crime that he is our best defender. Auba, Özil and Laca had good first half but dropped massively in second half.

Again I think Willock and Nketiah have proofed that they can play a part next season. Nelson had some good runs but lacked execution. I think he is getting there. Smith-Rowe is unlucky to be injured. Hopefully he can get some pre-season games before season start but he might have to do with a loan this season while Özil and Mikitaryan will still be here. Saka will be our cup game youngsters but tbh Burton and Olayinka could also make some cup games. Now look at this. I'm not saying play full u23 XI. I'm saying two are ready to be part of the squad and that Nelson can surprise. Alright?

All in all I think this has been a good work out for the lads but this got to be the final year for some of the seniors players. Please please please!

I really thought I was done with Arsenal but I really lived my self into the game yesterday. Got happy, angry and have been thinking about it this morning. I understand Emery playing the seniors bums, they need to get match fitness for next season. But I still don't understand why he hasn't drop Mikitaryan to being bench/rotation player. The guy has given nothing back to all the faith Emery has showed in him.

JoaoFelix

Nketiah is clearly ready for me to be third choice. He's nowhere on Laca's level, though. Lacazette and Auba were fantastic again yesterday. Lacazette is clearly the main creator of this team, way more than Özil. Some of you guys need to realize that Lacazette is what Firmino is to Mane and Salah. He's the most vital player in this team, he's the one who makes our attack fluid with his link up, movement and intelligence. We've seen it many times last year, when laca wasn't there auba was struggling. They got a very good relationship on the pitch, they understand each other very well. Lacazette as a creator and Auba as a finisher. Willock was my MOTM in the first half with Laca/Auba. He's so intelligent, he dictated the tempo even more than Xhaka which is supposed to be his main asset. He was also very good defensively, he's a complete midfielder.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get your point but it is a friendly game. You must look at that and the big pixture about the game.
it's like saying why didnt we make subs at 60th minute like Real....
because it's a friendly and we have a plan, where result is not priority. If Unai went fir a result he would do different subs/tactical changes

Regardless of the result, or if it is preseason or not, it makes sense to analyze a coach's decisions.

Making a decision that is hard to explain and clearly contributed to losing a two-goal lead is clearly bad regardless of whether the match "matters" or not.

Coaches make all sorts of strange decisions in preseason, and most of the time the logic is clear. If Emery is legitimately considering Mkhi as a viable CM option then we even more problems than we thought.

Impact

Established Member
Madrid are notoriously slow starters in pre-season and in-season under Zidane as he prepares the team to peak in fitness and performance towards the business end of the season.

Luc

I've read that Arsenal had a good pre-season with all the youngsters. Looking forward to the game against Lyonnais.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can look forward to tomorrow now that I know we are going all in for Pepe, obviously he's not going to be playing but I won't have to watch Mkhi thinking he will be playing loads.

Patrick Byrne

Hey lads. Heading over from ireland to see arsenal play for the first time tomorrow. Definitely heading over to see the old highbury, but any other recommendations? Best place for a pre-match pint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom