• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also there's a wee bit of talk, admittedly mainly from non-Arsenal fans, about why on earth are we spending big on an attacker when our defence is so bad, we scored lots of goals last season anyway etc. But our attack really wasn't that good last season, we got lucky that Auba & Laca were fit all season and they converted more goals than they should have.

Structurally the attack wasn't good and I think if we went into the season with the exact same attack we'd just end up conceding as much but scoring fewer. So yeah, someone like Pepe is absolutely needed, as is Ceballos. The two of them could be transformational.

Arsenio Venger

Well holy sh*t, it's actually happening. I just do not understand this club: so very useless and yet we've spent over 150m in the last two years on Auba, Laca and Pepe. Can't say this isn't exactly what we all wanted desperately during the austerity years.

Honesty our problem isn’t buying players. It’s selling them. When’s the last time we sold someone for a substantial fee? Even Alexis was a straight up swap lol

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Just waiting on Pepe's kit number and the third kit release now.
Laca -Home
Auba - Away
Pepe - Third
:drool:

He should have no. 11 really and Torreira should have no. 4 or 6, but we do things weird for some reason. No. 13 maybe

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Also there's a wee bit of talk, admittedly mainly from non-Arsenal fans, about why on earth are we spending big on an attacker when our defence is so bad, we scored lots of goals last season anyway etc. But our attack really wasn't that good last season, we got lucky that Auba & Laca were fit all season and they converted more goals than they should have.

Structurally the attack wasn't good and I think if we went into the season with the exact same attack we'd just end up conceding as much but scoring fewer. So yeah, someone like Pepe is absolutely needed, as is Ceballos. The two of them could be transformational.
We relied too much on Laca & Auba to score all our goals I felt aswell, without those 2 we didn't score or create too many otherwise. 1 more in attack won't hurt a bit this year. Will we see all 3 starting together or see 2/3 with 1 coming off the bench for impact in general?

remains

We scored a lot of goals last season admittedly but anyone who watched us over the whole season knows we seriously lacked width. There were some games where we completely ran out of ideas and looked impotent. EL final was a good example where we tried to overlap with Kola and cross it in and that seemed to be the only attacking tactic. Chelsea looked comfortable.

The defence certainly needs work but we have been crying out for a top quality winger for years.

Dj_sds -

Honesty our problem isn’t buying players. It’s selling them. When’s the last time we sold someone for a substantial fee? Even Alexis was a straight up swap lol

Well you have to buy something people actually want before you can sell it. Recruitment has been a huge bottleneck over the years.

neimad

Waiting for the announcement but not wanting to pre gif too early

triple-h-angry.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dj_sds -

I agree completely. We lacked attacking outlets in midfield and on the wing which in turn allowed teams to push forward with minimal risk of conceding a goal. It's one of the main reasons we couldn't control games imo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ffs, look at those wankers from Sky Sports - they had the whole Pepe story covered hidden under one million other meaningless things and I cannot even see a thing from the recent medical etc (Sky App)

Biased as ****

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Ffs, look at those wankers from Sky Sports - they had the whole Pepe story covered hidden under one million other meaningless things and I cannot even see a thing from the recent medical etc (Sky App)

Biased as ****

British media:

Tanguy to Sp**s - huge signing, shows real intent etc

Pepe to The Arsenal - gamble on player from farmers league at that price

:rofl:

Watch out for the inconsistency :)

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Obviously not getting too giddy in my boots here, the defence is still abominable and will bite us on many an occasion.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Agree but don't they say attack is the best form of defence? With added pace up front and Ceballos in the middle teams will be worried about us hitting them on the break. The opposition will be more wary of us and this will ease some of the pressure on our defence. Having said that, I'd like to get a starting CB in before the window closes and sell Mustafi & Kos.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wow, he even gets an Arsenal Carrier bag, probably full of freebies to be sold on ebay by his brother :)

EAuZUe1WkAA_N-z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom