• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Cebellos wasnt brought in to bring the best out of Özil....more like to replace him.

Pepe also confirms this too. Emery gave up on him and forced to bring him back in the side once Ramsey went down.
In the club website, on Cebellos intro post, they mentioned that he was a number 8 and occasionally plays as number 10. That also matches with the player profile. Looks like a Ramsey/Xhaka replacement to me.

BobP

Memri Fan
In the club website, on Cebellos intro post, they mentioned that he was a number 8 and occasionally plays as number 10. That also matches with the player profile. Looks like a Ramsey/Xhaka replacement to me.

Ceballos is a Ramsey replacement and so will play as the most advanced central midfielder. Can call it an attacking 8 or a 10.

One thing he isn't, however, is a 6 [Xhaka]. He's not good enough defensively.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Ceballos is a Ramsey replacement and so will play as the most advanced central midfielder. Can call it an attacking 8 or a 10.

Wenger has used Ramsey + A defensive mid behind Özil when Cazorla was not fit. In fact Ceballos fits more into the profile of Cazorla. So, why not Ceballos + a defensive mid?

Divided_Pie

Xhaka is a horrific defender and Ceballos would be a clear upgrade in virtually every way

BobP

Memri Fan
Wenger has used Ramsey + A defensive mid behind Özil when Cazorla was not fit. In fact Ceballos fits more into the profile of Cazorla. So, why not Ceballos + a defensive mid?

It's true Wenger did, but Emery prefers to play with two 6s and an attacking 8.

Also, there was a time when Cazorla played wide left, a position I think Ceballos would be better suited to playing, that is as opposed to the 6 position.

BobP

Memri Fan
Xhaka is a horrific defender and Ceballos would be a clear upgrade in virtually every way

Ceballos is not a 6 and Emery did not bring him in to play him as such.

Get that through your head.

Just imagine playing a young Cazorla as a 6 and consider how much of a waste of talent that would have been. It would be the exact same for Ceballos whose talents are much better utilized further up field.

Divided_Pie

Just imagine playing a young Cazorla as a 6 and consider how much of a waste of talent that would have been. It would be the exact same for Ceballos whose talents are much better utilized further up field.
Never said Ceballos is a 6. Emery doesn't always play with two pure 6's. Get that through your head. He even played Ramsey deep last season at times. Neither you nor I know exactly how Emery is going to play Ceballos yet.

I don't see Ceballos being that different style-wise than Veratti, who Emery played deep alongside Motta at PSG.

When Ceballos came on against Lyon he started off playing deep alongside Xhaka.

Regardless of all that, Xhaka is a liability defensively, a point which you ignored in your claim that Ceballos can't play in that role. In no way shape or form does replacing Xhaka with Ceballos hurt the team defensively.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

From what I’ve heard from most Real/La liga fans he’s much more suited to play as an 8 in a 433 rather than a 10 in a 4231. Emery will definitely play him at 10 though like he did with Ramsey and maybe at CM if there’s injuries.

Transfermarkt say he used to play CM in a 4231 or 442 next to a DM sometimes at Betis before Real Madrid bought him so I guess it’s not entirely out of the question but definitely unlikely. He’s been deployed at LM in a 442 and LW in a 4231 as well, wouldn’t be surprised if Emery decided to play him there also.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Cebellos wasnt brought in to bring the best out of Özil....more like to replace him.

Pepe also confirms this too. Emery gave up on him and forced to bring him back in the side once Ramsey went down.

We are crying out for a player who can play the 8 role just like Cazorla did, he will play with Özil specially at home.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Ceballos is clearly brought as a Ramsey replacement, they even gave Ceballos his number. Torreira, Özil, Ceballos will all rotate between games as Emery sees fit. I don't think any of them are sure to start every game.

In some games it'll suit us to be more offensive and field Özil, Ceballos, Xhaka and in others where we need to be more defensive Ceballos, Torreira, Xhaka.

It's a good headache for Emery that he has so many options to choose from!

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

What does “known quantity that everyone agrees on” mean?

Mikhi has done little, and offers little now too, yet it’s others under the microscope.

I think he means we all agree he's crap and just want him gone.

Özil, a lot of us swing back and forth on how we feel about him.

Overpaid for sure, but that guy still has value here I feel. Mikhi however ...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Can anybody remember just how good Özil was in his first season? Granted he was 6 years younger and mobile, but boy I miss him.
Agree, for further sadness over current state go and watch clips of him from the WC 2010. How he ran up and down the pitch. He was a revelation for me then. Just blown away by his quality. When he first came to us he was world class.

Unfortunately that isn't what we have on our hands now...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ahh....memories.

There is a school of thought says that no change of management style, complimentary new player signing or change of tactics can reinvigorate a man who looked so glum on his wedding day.

But, with a new season comes new hope. Let's wipe the slate clean.

Let's hope for the best in 2019-20

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
so fortunate to be among so many passionate supportive fans. Truly, the comments above are a celebration of the beautiful game.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Özil is so clearly a special talent. We can all agree he did not live up to that last season. He has had good seasons with us and, when he is visible, he is a joy to watch find space and glide around with the ball.
Overall, I’m happy we have him. I really hope we see him reinvigorated. Willing to give him another chance this season. He needs to turn off his xbox and focus on football. If we don’t see some heart from him by December then good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom