• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Media Tears

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I remember Stokes. One of those I hoped would go on to the first team but didn't happen. Didn't he end up at Hibernian afterwards?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I remember Stokes. One of those I hoped would go on to the first team but didn't happen. Didn't he end up at Hibernian afterwards?

Might have done which could be how he ended up at Celtic.

He must've been here around that time we always had good runs in the league cup with young players. Lupoli is one I remember.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, Stokes was rubbish. If he's as good at stalking as he was football, the girl has no worries.

Dianko

Refs still don't like us.They are costing us points.Do u remember how we lost our unbeaten run back in 2005.

neimad

Yeah, Stokes was rubbish. If he's as good at stalking as he was football, the girl has no worries.

Weird thing is they're together now even though he went to court for stalking her. Always was a bit of a gobshite this lad.

NZgunner

The thing is, the media is biased against every club - you just notice it more in relation to your own.

But this is more than just confirmation bias, the underlying reason is quite simple.

Aside from genuine journalism (which there isn't very much of), most "reporting" is opinion based click bait - and negative stories will get way more attention than positive ones.

That's because football supporters aren't interested in good news about other clubs - would you be more likely to read an article about Sp**s in crisis or Sp**s being excellently managed?

A positive article about Arsenal pleases a few hundred thousand readers, a negative one pleases a few million. The more "popular" you are, the more you are disliked. The irony is that if you are a smaller club no-one really dislikes you (unless you're Stoke) so you probably get less negative press - there's no real market for it.

One of my pet hates is the expression "the neutrals' favourite" - proper football supporters are rarely neutral, they love one club, actively loathe a few more, and are indifferent to all the rest - and indifference is not the same as being neutral.

I'm not denying that clubs go through periods of being fashionable, and we've had our moments, but by and large expect to see more negative stories than positive ones when you support a big club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Jamie O'Hara (ex Sp**s nobody) and Adrian Durham think we've regressed despite our signings. According to them, Ceballos can't possibly replace Ramsey. Cascarino is better but thinks we should be worried about Leno because he punches a lot of shots! Only Wrighty has our back in the media. The rest always have digs and put downs when it comes to us.

Steps

Jamie O'Hara (ex Sp**s nobody) and Adrian Durham think we've regressed despite our signings. According to them, Ceballos can't possibly replace Ramsey. Cascarino is better but thinks we should be worried about Leno because he punches a lot of shots! Only Wrighty has our back in the media. The rest always have digs and put downs when it comes to us.
Yeah, but we could have a UEFA Team of the Year squad and they'd down us. Who cares.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It boggles my mind why people would willingly waste their precious time on reptiles like Adrian Durham

say yes

forum master baiter
Can we change this thread title to “Arsenal mediawatch” and use it to discuss the press in relation to Arsenal generally (the good and bad)? @American_Gooner @Aevi

Would still be able to discuss the odd journalist that has it in for us but would be nice to also have somewhere to share & discuss more positive reads. Current thread title reeks of the victim mentality you’d expect to find on RAWK.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
BBC on yesterday's game:

Headline is:

"Salah double seals easy Liverpool win over Arsenal"

but then there is another heading:

"Liability Luiz costs otherwise promising Arsenal"

So which of the two is it? It can't be both. An easy win is a game where the result is not in doubt from the very early stages. But the BBC story goes on to say the 49th minute penalty sealed the game.

The headline is typical anti-Arsenal ingrained, possibly even un or subconscious bias.

baccy_man

Established Member
I have read the comments on sky sports by Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher and they have been quite complimentary about our game yesterday,
They were saying that although we got beaten we have shown signs of improvement and normally those two are quick to slate us.

Top Bottom