• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 306,332
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

If Woodward is the smart businessman as they all tell him to be, he should ditch Maguire signing for 90M, and go for Mustafi for a third of that price at 30M.
Maguire has nothing on his career so far, while Mustafi has a World Cup medal.

Do it Woody.

@Juan Matas Beard awaits the announcement :)

Pretty worrying that even if we would sign him he wouldn’t be our worst defender.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I’d honestly take 10-15 for him.
alexandrine-parakeet-head-2.jpg

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
At this point I would honestly just pay the remainder of his contract and cut my losses if no one is willing to buy him. Just get rid please. I am sorry but this guy is just a liability altogether. I wish I could like him and I have tried but it's at a point where my gf who doesn't even watch soccer knows the name Mustafi because I curse it so much when I watch us play LOL.

blaise

At this point I can only see a loan with us paying part of his salary as a possibility and you still have to convince him to go on loan.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
At this point I would honestly just pay the remainder of his contract and cut my losses if no one is willing to buy him. Just get rid please. I am sorry but this guy is just a liability altogether. I wish I could like him and I have tried but it's at a point where my gf who doesn't even watch soccer knows the name Mustafi because I curse it so much when I watch us play LOL.
Might as well just bench him for the season then..

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Let's not be silly. Why would we give Mustafi away for free? Worse defenders go for millions. We aren't going to get what we paid for him, but he still has stock and value in Germany and Spain and allegedly a French league and Serie A team have shown interest.

Highgate

He's not as bad as you people make.out him to be, but his confidence is completely gone, making a simple 5 yard pass is now complicated for him

He needs to change environment, he needs a new team, he was good for sampdoria and Valencia, he even started well for us, but now it's just unattainable for him to play here

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Let's not be silly. Why would we give Mustafi away for free? Worse defenders go for millions. We aren't going to get what we paid for him, but he still has stock and value in Germany and Spain and allegedly a French league and Serie A team have shown interest.

I see your point, but most defenders who've been this bad aren't on the same wages as he is.

I mean, it's a starting Arsenal defender that I'd be fuming if we even threw £5m your way for him. He's a walking disaster and would take up a lot of clubs that are on his level's wage budget.

Tough situation, honestly. Not often you see a player be so awful yet get regular minutes for a big club.

blaise

Overall in him there is solid player but he obviously isnt cut to play at highest level, too much pressure, something like Fabianski if people remember him here. Mustafi simply makes too many direct mistakes which costs you goals and points. He should be last choice if he wants to stay here and then prove himself if he can and climb the ladder.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
I don’t think his confidence being shot has anything to do with the basics yesterday. Watch the way he closes off the pitch when he receives the ball. At one point Guendouzi was literally pointing the direction for him to pass the play out to the left but instead he puts it on to his right side, slows the play down by which point there’s is no option short and punts it long to Nketiah and out for a throw in.

That’s not a confidence issue, that is drummed into centre backs at most levels in academies across Europe.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I see your point, but most defenders who've been this bad aren't on the same wages as he is.

I mean, it's a starting Arsenal defender that I'd be fuming if we even threw £5m your way for him. He's a walking disaster and would take up a lot of clubs that are on his level's wage budget.

Tough situation, honestly. Not often you see a player be so awful yet get regular minutes for a big club.

He is a walking disaster in his current state. Plenty of players have flopped massively at one club but went on to rediscover their form elsewhere. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. In his case he wasn't bad at Valencia or German national team. And even here in his first season. So clearly there is a decent player there.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He is a walking disaster in his current state. Plenty of players have flopped massively at one club but went on to rediscover their form elsewhere. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. In his case he wasn't bad at Valencia or German national team. And even here in his first season. So clearly there is a decent player there.

But why would anyone come in for such a big "maybe" on his wages when there are countless cheaper maybes available?

He's been so bad for so long that it seems almost naive to think he can turn it around. Obviously there's a chance he will, but it's a ton of money to throw at such a big question mark. I can't see why anyone would do it instead of throwing maybe £10m at some Ligue 1/La Liga promising defender.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Don't think any smaller club would come in for him because of the reason you mentioned. But meduim or big teams in France, Italy, Spain or Germany can probably afford his wages. We also probably will accept a low fee for him (around £20m might even convince us). It will be a risk but most transfers are. Obviously the buying club would have watched him and maybe came to the conclusion he would cut out most of his mistakes if he played in a slower league.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He's not as bad as you people make.out him to be, but his confidence is completely gone, making a simple 5 yard pass is now complicated for him

He needs to change environment, he needs a new team, he was good for sampdoria and Valencia, he even started well for us, but now it's just unattainable for him to play here
It was complicated way before this.

ClubLevel

Problem with Mustafi is that he needs time to think as a defender and in this league/level you have to act quickly. Unfortunately for him (and more so for us) he just doesn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom