• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,490

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He isn't our best option. Ceballos and Willock can receive the ball from deep whilst actually turning and moving. Both are good at passing as well. Actually, Ceballos and Guendouzi can easily replicate Xhaka's passing range.

Xhaka can't even defend at all.
No they can't really, we've heard all along how Torreira was supposed to replace Xhaka's passing from deep but in reality we missed him while he was out. Same with Guendouzi who made Xhaka look competitive in defence. His passing is inferior to Xhaka's as well. Ceballos is an attacking minded player and isn't in the conversation at all. Both Emery and Wenger knew his worth which is why he has been and still is irreplacable.

There are better options out there in the market but in our squad as it is, he's the best option in his position.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No they can't really, we've heard all along how Torreira was supposed to replace Xhaka's passing from deep but in reality we missed him while he was out. Same with Guendouzi who made Xhaka look competitive in defence. His passing is inferior to Xhaka's as well. Ceballos is an attacking minded player and isn't in the conversation at all. Both Emery and Wenger knew his worth which is why he has been and still is irreplacable.

There are better options out there in the market but in our squad as it is, he's the best option in his position.

I think if we're willing to put Xhaka in the two we should be willing to put Ceballos in the two. All Xhaka has on Ceballos is that he's slightly taller. Xhaka can't tackle, he's clumsy, he's slow, he regularly gives the ball away. His pro's don't outweigh his cons but we all know he's likely to start.

Ceballos' ball retention in the areas Xhaka gets it are superb. Torreira's job is to simply break up play, something he's extremely good at. Pop it off to Ceballos who can take it from there. In home games i'd like to see that with Özil in the 10.

In most away games it has to be Torreira, Ceballos and Willock. BUT Xhaka will start so all of this is irrelevant lol.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I really wouldn't be surprised with an Umtiti loan tbh. Seems Barca want rid and if Raul can use his connections it's not at all impossible. Only question is why we'd leave it till the last week of the window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I really wouldn't be surprised with an Umtiti loan tbh. Seems Barca want rid and if Raul can use his connections it's not at all impossible. Only question is why we'd leave it till the last week of the window.

I suppose we don't know what exactly they've been prioritising.

@Aevi that avi makes me hard

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about that. They’ve got 4 CBs and one of them is 19. They don’t seem to have money to buy another one unless they sell so I think a loan wouldn’t be an option. I keep coming back to Kimpembe. PSG have got 5 CBs now they’ve signed Diallo and Kimpembe is probably 4th/5th choice. A loan with an option to buy might suit all parties.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Where would you rank it on scale of 1-10 with one being the horrible memories of the 2016 summer window?

If we get a high class cb in very very high

Lost Ramsey but weve had worse windows with folks leaving

I Guess we dont know if they 100% pan out but som...

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about that. They’ve got 4 CBs and one of them is 19. They don’t seem to have money to buy another one unless they sell so I think a loan wouldn’t be an option. I keep coming back to Kimpembe. PSG have got 5 CBs now they’ve signed Diallo and Kimpembe is probably 4th/5th choice. A loan with an option to buy might suit all parties.

Just going on the early noise at the start of summer that Barca would let Umtiti go, maybe that was if they signed De Ligt. Kimpembe not a bad shout.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maybe under Wenger we would've trolly dashed for Smalling, but don't think Raul and co would even entertain it.

They would've had a first, second and third CB option. Umtiti still on the mind you feel.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If Ferland Mendy were a player from a French club other than Lyon he would've been much more affordable for us to bid & purchase :lol:

Alas, he's a Real player now. Hopefully Tierney is secured before or after the match in Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom