• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,321

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There were reports literally talking about Emery talking to both Ceballos and Pepe yet people are still in denial and think Emery has no contribution or no say. :lol:
Wenger decided everything of course, including what tea they drank. How the pendulum swings.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If we are going for a permanent signing then I think we need to look for a central defender in the 23-26 age bracket. While Konate, Upamecano could both become World class we have Saliba coming in, I think pairing a 19 year old with a 21 year old is asking for trouble.

If we bring in a 23-26 year old now when Saliba arrives he will be learning off a 24-27 year old entering their peak rather than learning off a guy who is 21 and still learning the game themselves. This still leaves a partnership that could last 5-6 years.

With all this in mind Umtiti is the man who ticks all the boxes for me.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nice to see the obligatory random dig at Emery. I swear there must be a rota distributed in here amongst the 'Emery is a bum brigade'.
I doubt there was another proven manager available that window better than Emery. He’s a solid manager. Still think this season was better than Peps or Klopps first.

But he’s on a short contract and can’t afford to play the long game in transfers. This summer could be his last.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we are going for a permanent signing then I think we need to look for a central defender in the 23-26 age bracket. While Konate, Upamecano could both become World class we have Saliba coming in, I think pairing a 19 year old with a 21 year old is asking for trouble.

If we bring in a 23-26 year old now when Saliba arrives he will be learning off a 24-27 year old entering their peak rather than learning off a guy who is 21 and still learning the game themselves. This still leaves a partnership that could last 5-6 years.

Except he is just coming back from an injury ravaged season. I think his knees are too dodgy for us to take a risk.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I doubt there was another proven manager available that window better than Emery. He’s a solid manager. Still think this season was better than Peps or Klopps first.

But he’s on a short contract and can’t afford to play the long game in transfers. This summer could be his last.

He also had a big rebuild job to do. The strange thing is almost everyone agreed we would only be able to make reasonable judgement in his second season. On top of that most people predicted 6th or 5th before the season started...yet some were asking him to go just after half the season.

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, there are some things he has done that looked quite worrying looking ahead. But he also done some good stuff. And if we take the season as a whole rather than just the last few weeks, he has met or slightly achieved above what we realistically hoped for in his first season.

This season is the proper time to judge him. When he has had chance to bring in a lot of the players he has wanted. And be able to play to the systems he is good at creating. If after this season we don't significantly progress, we will thank him and send him on his way. But then atleast he would have had some chance to show what he could do.

Even if you thought he wasn't good enough, I just find it tedious all these little digs at him. Not just as a manager but even taking the piss out of him, how he dresses, what kind of glasses he wears etc. He doesn't deserve all that bullshit he is just trying to succeed here. Heck even Moyes wasn't this ridiculed untill near the end of his time at United.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Except he is just coming back from an injury ravaged season. I think his knees are too dodgy for us to take a risk.

It would be a risk although loan with option to buy would mostly negate it.

I can't think of any other players in the right age range, top quality and (maybe) attainable.

db10fan

Agree on the age bracket, but not Umtiti for me, those rumours of his injuries...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Monaco Bakayoko a game changer.
Chelsea Bakayoko on the bench.
Milan Bakayoko probably still wins the DM position quite easily.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor

Monaco Bakayoko a game changer.
Chelsea Bakayoko on the bench.
Milan Bakayoko probably still wins the DM position quite easily.

Huh? No version of Bakayoko was ever a game changer :lol:

Also, if you’re implying he wins it over Kante at Chelsea, or displaces Torreira/Ceballos here, I want what you’re smoking, because clearly it’s some damn good ****

FinnGooner

Established Member
Wenger decided everything of course, including what tea they drank. How the pendulum swings.

As I understand it, by reading A-M, Wenger only had a say on decisions that proved out to be good ones. All the mistakes were made solely by Gazidis & co, probably operating behind Arsène's back. You know, Wenger discovered Koscielny completely by himself due to his unmistakable eye for hidden gems but it was Gazidis that violently forced his hand to sign Mustafi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom