• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Let's move on from this gimp, not having a minnow like Celtic bully us in the transfer market.

maxxspeed

Don't think so, from what i've read it seems we've agreed a price but it's taken a while to agree the bonuses and i think we maybe needed to make a few sales first?

The reason simple, we are cheap. What's the point of getting a player who is injured and not going to play for us until least September. Might as well stretch it out until deadline day.

WizardOfAus

For anyone who is confused about Osteitis Pubis (OP), it is a chronic injury which affects the cartilage between your pubic bones.

I have it.. it’s fricken painful as hell! First experienced it at 16 years old playing Australian rules football and tried everything except the invasive surgery you can get to help (which isn’t always successful) because I wanted to be a professional AFL player. I still have it and it means I can play out about half of football and after that point I literally cant walk without limping for 2 days. It’s gotten better with rest, but I am 27 now and have given up on competitive sport as it became too disabling and painful.

The thing about OP is some people have it really bad and some people experience some symptoms but can better manage/tolerate it. Of course it would be a lot easier as a professional athlete to manage but I honestly have my doubts about his longevity and injury proneness due to the OP. I really want Tierney if he’s injury free but the fact is, OP is chronic. It doesn’t go away, you always have it and if left unmanaged it can ruin a career. Some of the best AFL players have had OP and had remarkable careers but if we got Tierney I imagine he’d spend a lot of time on the sidelines due to the OP.

:(

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
For anyone who is confused about Osteitis Pubis (OP), it is a chronic injury which affects the cartilage between your pubic bones.

I have it.. it’s fricken painful as hell! First experienced it at 16 years old playing Australian rules football and tried everything except the invasive surgery you can get to help (which isn’t always successful) because I wanted to be a professional AFL player. I still have it and it means I can play out about half of football and after that point I literally cant walk without limping for 2 days. It’s gotten better with rest, but I am 27 now and have given up on competitive sport as it became too disabling and painful.

The thing about OP is some people have it really bad and some people experience some symptoms but can better manage/tolerate it. Of course it would be a lot easier as a professional athlete to manage but I honestly have my doubts about his longevity and injury proneness due to the OP. I really want Tierney if he’s injury free but the fact is, OP is chronic. It doesn’t go away, you always have it and if left unmanaged it can ruin a career. Some of the best AFL players have had OP and had remarkable careers but if we got Tierney I imagine he’d spend a lot of time on the sidelines due to the OP.

Sorry to hear about that and that doesn't sound very encouraging in regards to Tierney.

Making sense doesn't work around here often though, Fortunately, none of us make or affect club decisions.

leo9903

So as a long time victim of OP, have you ever checked if there's any advancement on the treatment nowadays to eliminate or fix the problem? Surgery ect? Or if we get the guy, this will be a recurring issue?

I don't want another situation with Rosicky/Wilshere again...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I remember Celtic sold Dembele to Lyon in deadline last season after long negotiations.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I thought £18M up front and £7M in instalments was a decent offer. No doubt they want £20M up top and £5M in instalments.

Would love to get this done. A new LB pushes us up a level. Love Nacho, love Kola- but Tierney is better than them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom