• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Maybe the new regime is also just way better at understanding the market and the implications of not investing heavily now.

It isn't only about getting back into the CL, it's about ever increasing transfer fees. Better spend more now than spend 40-50% more than even now later on. Get the basic core of your squad sorted.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm scared about Upamecano's injury history but he is definitely the quality we need.
Upamecano has a contract till 2021 so we have a chance Liepzig will cash in now.

I guess we wait for Orny's tweet to confirm or deny this

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah but 'it's our money anyway'... I know, doesn't change the fact that nobody would have bet money on us showing this level of intent just ten days ago... That £40m is stretching pretty far, eh?
The money was always there, but some believed that just adding Cech and keeping faith in the same old underperformers would be enough to compete.

Dj_sds -

I think some of you may have been a bit unfair to the Kroenkes, or at least Josh - there does seem to be a new impetus to get us back to the top

Really makes you think what the hell we've been doing all these years if this is possible without CL.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Really makes you think what the hell we've been doing all these years if this is possible without CL.
Orny did suggest when the Kroenkes bought out Usmanov that the financial priorities might change, as profits would not have to be shared with someone they presumably hated

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I suppose not when it isn’t your money... there is a huge difference between 55 and 70 mil if you care about budget. Leipzig is trying to bend us over.
Maybe so but if he comes and performs our defence could be sorted for 5+ years alongside Saliba, it is a risk you take. Clearly the club are planning long term.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think this could be the biggest difference between the last regime and the current one. Doesn't mean you have to pay over the odds all the time, but when you need to, you have to. We've needed to before, but somebody kept throwing a ****ing spanner in the works...
He could be the difference between 4th and 5th. At times you need to pull the trigger its long term planning.

Jakarta

Been busy lately but man from no serious links to a cb...to UPAMECANO!

This club is winning me back over.

Btw the market is just crazy right now. You gotta stump up the cash or get left behind.

Last edited:

Dj_sds -

Orny did suggest when the Kroenkes bought out Usmanov that the financial priorities might change, as profits would not have to be shared with someone they presumably hated

Vinai and Raul have said multiple times we are still self-sufficient. Everything we generate is invested back in the club. Difference imo is this regime have genuine ambition.

Finesse

When you lot become used to paying top dollar for young talents and established players then we would start having a fair crack at the PL , CL or Eufa Cup trophies. Top 4 should not Ben our priority. We should be gunning for top honours and we do have the means to buy the very best players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Vinai and Raul have said multiple times we are still self-sufficient. Everything we generate is invested back in the club. Difference imo is this regime have genuine ambition.
And they arent prepared to pay that bit more to get a deal done.

Honestly i hope people are seeing how much Wenger and Gazidis held us back. They suited each other.

Dj_sds -

Honestly i hope people are seeing how much Wenger and Gazidis held us back. They suited each other.

I agree. In hindsight, I was wrong to see Wenger as the only problem. We stagnated for years until we eventually regressed. A more competent CEO would have made these changes long before it became an uphill battle. I've never been as optimistic as this looking at the future of arsenal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

We really need to see how these deal effect us going forward. Who knows our budget in year two or three if deals more heavily backloaded than normal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We really need to see how these deal effect us going forward. Who knows our budget in year two or three if deals more heavily backloaded than normal.
They may be. But they are pushing us onto hopefully qualify for the CL which will increase revenue. And the way football has been going top players will only continue to increase in price. If we had spent the money in the bank 5 years ago on top quality we'd have a top team challenging for top honours needing tweaking. Not this whole remodeling that we are currently seeing. We are still paying for the transfer window post Alexis.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom