• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’d rather Tierney than this guy. Either would be great. Both would be incredible.

Whatever happens, you’ve got to be so happy that the club is now, finally, targeting the right players in the right positions.

Long gone are the days where our club wasn’t interested in signing an attacker because Walcott, Giroud and Welbeck were all “world-class”, or where we weren’t interested in signing a CM because Wilshere and Diaby were going to be “like new signings”. Feels like we’re an actual competitive football club again. I love it.

Thing is Upa can come in and improve us straight away. Tierney could well not be fully fit until October.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think big Wengz just got too used to the penny pinching/treating the club's money as his own after the effort it took to get the money for the stadium and then the austerity period that followed. He was also set in his ways such as not dealing with certain agents etc (Fergie was the same). This the modern game I guess.
That and he refused to change things up. Be that his assistant manager or staff at the executive level. If Wenger wanted to he could have gone public and changed the status quo but his silence in my view was tacit acceptance of how the club was being run. And by the same token Gazidis or **** Law could have went over Wengers head on transfers but they didnt. It was a cosy relationship where nobody pushed anybody and they all were human shields for each other.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Upamecano could be cheap-ish next year with one year left on his contract, and I think with a good season and player connections we'd have the pull to get him here over other clubs. So it could be worth to wait.

As other say, Tierney or Upamecano, I'm excited. These are players I didn't expect us to go for at the beginning of the summer, it's a welcome surprise.

Keplaz

I’d rather Tierney than this guy. Either would be great. Both would be incredible.

Whatever happens, you’ve got to be so happy that the club is now, finally, targeting the right players in the right positions.

Long gone are the days where our club wasn’t interested in signing an attacker because Walcott, Giroud and Welbeck were all “world-class”, or where we weren’t interested in signing a CM because Wilshere and Diaby were going to be “like new signings”. Feels like we’re an actual competitive football club again. I love it.

"I have been criticised for not hiring Xabi Alonso or Gareth Barry. But if I signed them, I would have killed Song, Diaby and Denilson,”

Keplaz

That and he refused to change things up. Be that his assistant manager or staff at the executive level. If Wenger wanted to he could have gone public and changed the status quo but his silence in my view was tacit acceptance of how the club was being run. And by the same token Gazidis or **** Law could have went over Wengers head on transfers but they didnt. It was a cosy relationship where nobody pushed anybody and they all were human shields for each other.
He is the last of the managers whose power over a club was absolute. The world grew bigger and everyone adapted. He tried to stay the same and because of that Arsenal didn't grow. He never recovered from losing David Dein.

David Dein allowed him to concentrate on what he was good at. Gazidis didn't have the personility to challenge Arsène so neither of them thrived. I think Raul would have worked well with Wenger.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Sign no one - battle for 4th
Upamecano signs - battle for 3rd
Tierney and Upamecano sign - battle for the title

There I said it.

Not this season, only because Tierney and Bellerin are out with injuries for about 4-6 games. Also Toreirra, Pepe coming back from international tournaments. Plus it looks like we're integrating 5 new players into the first 11.

That said, think we will hit 80+ points if we make all these signings.

Gunner-Union

If we get Dayot and tierney I think 3 is def on but next season With saliba coming and cabellos signing or another top mid coming in plus this years experience we will be very very good and possible push for epl

Malky

Established Member
Can't believe there's people on here complaining, "we should go for someone else" " he's over priced, not worth £70M "
**** off the lot of you, you all deserve another season of Mustafi ****ing up the basics of defending them blaming everyone from Emery, his team mates, to Gunnersaurus, for his own brain-dead incompetence.
£70M is steep, but Maguire just went for £85M and we're in the last few days of the window. Fully fit he's a massive jump in quality compared to any other CB we have at the club right now. Brilliant signing, if we get him.

It is not about who we go for individually but if the player we go for will compliment our next big CB star Saliba next season. That is what the scouts are looking at. Dias, Tah, Konate or Upamecano. Surely they have taken educated decision here that Upamecano will compliment Saliba best of other players that we looked at and visa versa.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It is not about who we go for individually but if the player we go for will compliment our next big CB star Saliba next season. That is what the scouts are looking at. Dias, Tah, Konate or Upamecano. Surely they have taken educated decision here that Upamecano will compliment Saliba best of other players that we looked at and visa versa.

Yes he's the best left sided CB as well which is exactly what we need.

Malky

Established Member
Upamecano and Saliba would be one of the most physically imposing partnerships in the league next season.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Can't believe there's people on here complaining, "we should go for someone else" " he's over priced, not worth £70M "
**** off the lot of you, you all deserve another season of Mustafi ****ing up the basics of defending them blaming everyone from Emery, his team mates, to Gunnersaurus, for his own brain-dead incompetence.
£70M is steep, but Maguire just went for £85M and we're in the last few days of the window. Fully fit he's a massive jump in quality compared to any other CB we have at the club right now. Brilliant signing, if we get him.
Don’t bother yourself... some here said VvD was overpriced and Liverpool was stupid to buy him for that price... that he was not that good anyway... he joined Liverpool and they immediately solved his defenses problems and become best defense in the league.

Highgate

Exactly he's 6'1, powerfull and has ridiculous pace. Not to mention him being of one of the best ball playing defenders around, perfect next to saliba or holding.

Suits our need better than konate who's bigger, slower and worse passer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Crossy kiss of happening :lol::lol:

My brain can’t even compute that article. “Arsenal may turn their attention to Upemacano”. “They are put off by his staggering £50m valuation”. “Hoping to get a loan deal done before the window closes”. So we may turn our attention to a player who’s not available for loan despite wanting to bring in a defender on loan?

Do you think John sits at home wondering why The Athletic haven’t called?

Top Bottom