• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,180

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm surprised at how one-sided the votes are considering a proper LB would permit us to confidently play 4 at the back.

Guessing Upamecano's quality + uncertainty of Tierney's injury is swaying, that's what I feel.
Alaba or Upamecano would be a more fair comparison. I want an LB badly, but can suffer a season of past-it Monreal if it means a top class CB. Think I'd prefer Dias if he was available for around €50m though.

I'm still not used to Arsenal paying these sums though. On some level I find the money in football disgusting and always respected Arsenal for not going mental with the money (and try stuff like signing Holding or Guendouzi instead). We have an awful lot of catching up to do though.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
https://www.football365.com/news/how-arsenal-might-still-have-26-5m-left-to-spend-this-summer

source.gif

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
People were giving last summer transfer window 8/10 or 10/10. I gave that window 2/10. 7/10 will be good. Just glad many on here are not grating for living otherwise there would be tons out there with false security.

Last year was a solid 5. Leno didn't seem an upgrade on Cech, Guendouzi was unknown, Lictsteiner seemed a smart signing and Torreria seemed to offer a lot of what we needed. None of those signings appeared to push us closer to challenging at the top end.

Pepe and Ceballos 100% do. You've got an MVP of the French League, who sits behind Mbappe and Neymar as probably the most dangerous forward and somebody considered Spains future at CM. Add to that a highly rated French CB and an exciting Brazilian with flait - I am far more enthused about this summer than last. A decent cb has us on paper close to Liverpool.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Last year was a solid 5. Leno didn't seem an upgrade on Cech, Guendouzi was unknown, Lictsteiner seemed a smart signing and Torreria seemed to offer a lot of what we needed. None of those signings appeared to push us closer to challenging at the top end.

Pepe and Ceballos 100% do. You've got an MVP of the French League, who sits behind Mbappe and Neymar as probably the most dangerous forward and somebody considered Spains future at CM. Add to that a highly rated French CB and an exciting Brazilian with flait - I am far more enthused about this summer than last. A decent cb has us on paper close to Liverpool.

Agree with most of it. But we're still very far off Liverpool, even on paper.

Guendouzi and Torreira bad signings. Leno barely improvement on Cech. Sokratis terrible and Lichtsteiner terrible I gave it 2/10.

Ceballos loan without option to buy. Saliba is not playing here yet so I don't really count him. Martinelli is a bit of a joke until we know more and Pepe has all to prove IMO. As long as we add Upamecano and Tierney it is a 7.

I really don't want to keep repeating myself. Lets just agree to disagree!

truth_hurts

Agree with most of it. But we're still very far off Liverpool, even on paper.

Their team functions a lot better than ours. Only Allison, Van Dijk and Salah/Mane are head and shoulders above what we have in my opinion. I've assumed that Bellerin is back to full fitness and Tierney signs.

I am missing out the huge factor of identity though and Klopp's philosophy.

truth_hurts

Guendouzi and Torreira bad signings. Leno barely improvement on Cech. Sokratis terrible and Lichtsteiner terrible I gave it 2/10.

Ceballos loan without option to buy. Saliba is not playing here yet so I don't really count him. Martinelli is a bit of a joke until we know more and Pepe has all to prove IMO. As long as we add Upamecano and Tierney it is a 7.

Think we will just have to agree to disagree!

HBL

Established Member

Sooooooooo boring :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant really go around calling it a 10/10 window when playing absolute premium prices in each deal.

30m for a kid thats played 16 pro games, making a SPL LB the 5th most expensive ever for his position & paying 60m (?) for a 20 year old off a big knee injury... these are kind of insane risks when you think about it.

5 years from now may look like a fantastic risk well worth taking or might be the biggest mistake we made in years. Kind of up for it though as been stalling so long.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'm surprised at how one-sided the votes are considering a proper LB would permit us to confidently play 4 at the back.

Guessing Upamecano's quality + uncertainty of Tierney's injury is swaying, that's what I feel.

I agree, we need lb more. But that injury is looking pretty suspect.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Cant really go around calling it a 10/10 window when playing absolute premium prices in each deal.

30m for a kid thats played 16 pro games, making a SPL LB the 5th most expensive ever for his position & paying 60m (?) for a 20 year old off a big knee injury... these are kind of insane risks when you think about it.

5 years from now may look like a fantastic risk well worth taking or might be the biggest mistake we made in years. Kind of up for it though as been stalling so long.

Some of you are impossible to please. The only thing we should consider as fans is the quality of players being brought in and how they plug gaps in our current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom