• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
A decent fee for Kos, couple million for Jenks and hopefully get Mustafi out the door and that's half of the Upamecano asking price covered :bounce:
Could still bring in Tierney and have some of that fee covered with Elneny ****ing off.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
tenor.gif

He got what he wanted. We (hopefully) got what we wanted.

There was no need for him to make a fuss. All he's done is damage his image at the club he spent most of his career at.

How to you know there was no need? Looks like from outside that we didn't want to sell but in the end we had too because he made the fuss.

Very good from Koscielny to get his move! He deserved it after decent career here with us! Hope he has good final years in France.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
So much for the ‘let him go home’ narrative :rofl:

I'm actually glad that we stood our ground on this as a club.

Lolo was loyal to Wenger and I think he would've stayed up until the end if Arsène was still here, but it's important to send a message that **** like this will not fly anymore under the new management.

Shame, I really loved him as a player but most, if not all, my respect for him is lost.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Well, I still love him obviously. I mean he was practically one of the few bright spots during our worst of times and I genuinely wanted him to retire here. For me he was a legend and will be that way I think despite how its ending.

Thanks for the memories and best wishes.

Bordeaux are **** btw.

leo9903

****ty end to his Arsenal career, lost a bit of a respect for him. But his whole attitude in the end kinda makes sense if you think he wasn't that happy at Arsenal during his later years. Made me remember one of the Arsenal youtube video where Lacazette took a sly dig at him in an interview between players (I think Laca, Merte and Kos?), told him to "learn to defend" or something. :rolleyes:

Anyways, here's to a **** end to you career Kos.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Been an Arsenal player for almost a decade, the better part of his senior career, he is our boy no matter what. Now on his last legs & definitely wanted to retire as a big fish in a small pond, which makes sense considering how unlucky he was with his national side as well. He needs to leave his mark somewhere.

Highgate

Lots of kneejerk reaction here. Koscielny have been amazing for us for 9 years, always professional, great performances never moaned. could have left on several occasions when we really needed him but stayed.

Yes, his exit could have been handled better, but his 34 and wouldn't have been first choice, the opportunity to end his career in france and maybe even get into management was the logical choice.

Nothing but respect for him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
5m eu is not a lot but way more than was expecting for his age and injury record given the situation as well. Not to mention his wages off the books makes some space.

The departures haven't been how I'd wanted to begin with but what can you do. The market dictates and it was always going to be harder to sell with our state. At least, it's started.

I hoped by the end of the window our CB roster would be something like this- Koscielny, Sokratis, New CB, Holding and Bielik.

Now its looking like- Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi, Chambers and new CB with Saliba coming in next year. Kind of difficult to rate unless we know who the new CB would be.

Really wish we would've signed Hermoso when we had the chance but oh well.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

What an amazing attitude Kosh. just f**k off.

If that's true, then he is really destroying any piece of legacy he had.

Wrighty was right, Koscielny must be getting terrible advice from his people, but then as a club captain and a 30+ man, he should know better.

His story of how he came back from that awful injury and then captaining our side during some difficult moments, scoring some very important goals, is set to be completely up in flames due to his shocking decision-making.

He will surely look back after a while and realize what a complete clusterfuck of decisions he's made.
Captain Coward, good riddance !!!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If that's true, then he is really destroying any piece of legacy he had.

Wrighty was right, Koscielny must be getting terrible advice from his people, but then as a club captain and a 30+ man, he should know better.

His story of how he came back from that awful injury and then captaining our side during some difficult moments, scoring some very important goals, is set to be completely up in flames due to his shocking decision-making.

He will surely look back after a while and realize what a complete clusterfuck of decisions he's made.
Captain Coward, good riddance !!!
He made a bad move and is now sticking to it! Sorry if I say something bad, but he is still French, and the French are very well known for their self-entitlement and tendancy to blame everyone else before themselves. Look at Koscielny’s reaction to France world cup win... he’ll blame Arsenal till the end of his days. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom