• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,768

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Anything to stop us from using Mustafi/Chambers and Kolašinac would be welcome.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wages saved per year:
Welbeck 6.5m
Ramsey 6.25m
Cech 5.75m
Kos 4.75m
Lichsteiner 4m
Jenkinson 2.25m
Ospina 2m
Bielik 1.3m

TOTAL: 32.8m

Wages in per year:
Pepe 5.5m
Martinelli No idea, 2m?

TOTAL 7.5m

Hard to count Ceballos, his fee must include wage?

So far we have saved around 25m a year in wages and you would hope we could also save:

Mkhi 9.3m!!
Mustafi 4.6m
Elneny 2.6m

TOTAL 16.5m

Bringing it to a total of 49.3m a year or about 42m with incoming taken out.

These numbers are from sportrac no idea how accurate they are. Anyway with that in mind the money we are spending seems less shocking. You put the majority of that 40m in to fees per year of transfers then you suddenly realise even with the Pepe fee per year we are spending less per year than we were.

We can afford to go big on a CB unless I have grossly misunderstood things. Clearly up our wage bill has freed up a lot of cash.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We’ve also received fees for the likes of Bielik, Amaechi, Bennacer, Asano, Ospina, Jenkinson and Koscielny. I’m guessing it all comes to roughly between 20m-25m.

I think we can definitely bring in both Tierney and another CB, we have the finances to do so.

Also, if we can get rid of Elneny and Mustafi, the summer window would be a major success.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We’ve also received fees for the likes of Bielik, Amaechi, Bennacer, Asano, Ospina, Jenkinson and Koscielny. I’m guessing it all comes to roughly between 20m-25m.

I think we can definitely bring in both Tierney and another CB, we have the finances to do so.

Also, if we can get rid of Elneny and Mustafi, the summer window would be a major success.

It depends which CB. If its Upamecano for 70m I don't think we have the funds left for KT.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I do think we made a €50m loss last year due to high wages and no CL, so that would mean compared to last season we're at break-even (given that we're in EL again) before any new commercial deals kick in. Someone with a better understanding of the finances can hopefully confirm this.

Still, we're doing quite well getting higher fees for deadwood than I would've expected.

I hope we manage to shift at least Elneny and one of Mustafi/Mkhi. Our wage bill will look a lot better then and we could do with some more fees.

On that note, the links to Elneny have gone quiet haven't they? Was West Ham the last link? With his wage bump it seems like PL teams are his only realistic destination.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It depends which CB. If its Upamecano for 70m I don't think we have the funds left for KT.

It would be underwhelming if we can’t bring in Tierney and another CB, whether that’s Upamecano or not.

Pepe was an excellent start but that’s only one permanent signing this window (bar Martinelli).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It would be underwhelming if we can’t bring in Tierney and another CB, whether that’s Upamecano or not.

Pepe was an excellent start but that’s only one permanent signing this window (bar Martinelli).

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we brought in Upamecano and not Tierney.

Yes I do want Tierney as much as the next person but if you can do Upamecano then get it done.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I do think we made a €50m loss last year due to high wages and no CL, so that would mean compared to last season we're at break-even (given that we're in EL again) before any new commercial deals kick in. Someone with a better understanding of the finances can hopefully confirm this.

Still, we're doing quite well getting higher fees for deadwood than I would've expected.

I hope we manage to shift at least Elneny and one of Mustafi/Mkhi. Our wage bill will look a lot better then and we could do with some more fees.

On that note, the links to Elneny have gone quiet haven't they? Was West Ham the last link? With his wage bump it seems like PL teams are his only realistic destination.

We also had to pay out £17m to Arsène and his staff. Not having to pay that out, the wage savings and new commercial deals should see us back in profit.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

We did, but the assumption is the new Adidas deal will cover it. However, under FFP rules, the owner of the club can cover those losses, too. Given the way we've been spending this summer, is it possible that - shock, horror - the Kroenkes have actually stepped in...?

We may never know, though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Anything to stop us from using Mustafi/Chambers and Kolašinac would be welcome.

Chambers could be a vital cog if we end up going after a domestic CB target.

Offer close to Chelseas buyback clause + Chambers for Ake Bournemouth would have to think about it... even if deadline day.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We also had to pay out £17m to Arsène and his staff. Not having to pay that out, the wage savings and new commercial deals should see us back in profit.
Thanks.

How will transfer fees factor into this? Let's say we spend approximately €200m, that's between €40-50m amortised right?

As it stands we won't have a lot of incoming money to offset this.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

There is enough money, Wenger always said that there was enough to splash out on a big transfer if they wanted to, on top of the regular budget. Bid 90M for Lemar for example.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I do feel like Kroenke's possibly got the books looking balanced again to allow us to spend big. Its also in their interests that we get back into the CL for more profit etc.

There is enough money, Wenger always said that there was enough to splash out on a big transfer if they wanted to, on top of the regular budget. Bid 90M for Lemar for example.

We only bid that for Lemar because a 60m offer for Alexis came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom