• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
30m is too cheap for Iwobi. That would be a bad deal.

He’s not good enough to start here and never will be. How could £30m ever be a bad deal? We’ve already massively strengthened in his position with the signing of Pepe and could give Iwobi’s minutes to academy players with a higher ceiling who might actually make it as a starter here.

£30m buys us a starting LB and gives us change to put towards a top CB. Mad not to accept it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He’s not good enough to start here and never will be. How could £30m ever be a bad deal? We’ve already massively strengthened in his position with the signing of Pepe.

£30m buys us a starting LB and gives us change to put towards a top CB. Mad not to accept it.
Because hes not as bad as you say he is and worth more than 30m to us, especially in this market. 40m should be our target at least. We can get that for Iwobi.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Welcome back to the madness bro. You might have seen we haven’t done any defensive business yet.

I know, unbelievable.
Only Arsenal Trax. I had to pop in and see how my old mates were handling #TheMadness. The Pepe thing got me really revved up and if we can pull of a CB of note before deadline then we've had a great window. Anyway, we're winning 7-6 all the way to the top 4 bro. Emery introducing the "Arrow" formation 1-1-4-4

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Feel like I’m in a parallel universe reading some of these posts.

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. I didn’t realise Iwobi was rated this highly by our fans.

Funny thing is I remember earlier in the summer some fans making a case for Xhaka when Atletico/Inter supposedly wanted him for 50m.

This is exactly the same, we should be biting Everton’s hand off for that fee.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He’s had 3 full seasons to improve and he hasn’t.

This money could get us Upamecano ffs.

Those skint toffees better come back with £40 million. We can then get Upamecano & Tierney across the line.

Additionally, we can go back for Wilf next summer when Palace will have (hopefully) shuffled off to the Championship which will at least stop their excuses of "He's the only thing stopping relegation" :lol:

WhatAFC

100 games for Arsenal team is different than 100 games for a mid-table team, regardless of your opinion, that's how the market works. Besides he scored 3 goals and assisted 6 last season so he did something. Just because you don't make it as a leading player at Arsenal, doesn't mean you can't contribute elsewhere. And we shouldn't sell put players for discount just because some of our fans don't seem to comprehend that a player be somewhere between **** and world class. If Tierney is £25m and Maguire is £80m, Iwobi is more than £30m, for sure.
I don’t care if it’s 100 apps for Arsenal or a mid table team. You may get a slight premium for a player from a top club, but nothing substantial like you’re suggesting. Clubs don’t work like that, especially in today’s game. Clubs want output & consistency. If iwobi had even one season to his name, where he put up pretty decent numbers you might have a case, but he hasn’t.

So to make your point you use 2 defenders fee’s as a comparison, when one of those fee’s was a world record? Weird.

If we were to sign a player from a top 6 club for way more than £30m who had 9 goals/assists to his name last year and that season was his most productive would you be happy with that?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Iwobi would be better for their new look attack than Sigurdsson IMO. Can carry, passes well from mid, his xA being high is testament that his chance creation isn't as bad as we think it is. Think as a 10 for Everton he would do well.

Kean
Richarlison Iwobi and someone on the right. That's a good attack.
I agree. Iwobi could do a solid job for Everton in that attack, better than Sigurdsson. I'd take 35+5 if the addons are reasonable.

It's a shame he has never really lived up to his potential here.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How has the majority of Arsenal fans opinion changed this summer from Iwobi getting OTT criticism and scapegoates at times to now being very overrated?

Why do people want Iwobi getting game time ahead of obviously more talented Nelson?

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Iwobi is talented and a good player. Its just that we don't really need him and he'd be better getting out of his comfort zone to progress further.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can’t possibly sell Iwobi unless we buy Tierney, we don’t have enough home growns. Which might be a good sign.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's a good player, in a position where we have a lot of options. If we can get 40m for Iwobi and get Coutinho for 30+60m, I think you have to do it. Sell Mkhi as well and give the Iwobi and Mkhi minutes to Reiss.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How has the majority of Arsenal fans opinion changed this summer from Iwobi getting OTT criticism and scapegoates at times to now being very overrated?

Why do people want Iwobi getting game time ahead of obviously more talntes Nelson?
I don't want him playing ahead of Nelson. I'm saying, we can get more than 30m. We would be lowballing ourselves to get rid of a player who may have stalled but isn't as terrible as we make him out to be as fans. I'm not even against selling him but I at least must defend him when hes being called terrible, something he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom