• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,469,565

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on, Saliba, Ceballos, Tierney, and especially Pepe + a CB is pretty good. Like @hydrofluoric acid said, people just got caught by the hype and the come down has left some disappointed but i'm quite optimistic for the season if we can finish Tierney and a CB. If there's no Tierney+CB however, then yeah that would be really disappointing.

I still have faith in good season for us even if I don't like the window(atm) at all.

Youngsters coming through, Pepe could be a hit. The team has more time to learn Emery tactics.

Just worrying about the defense. But that will probably be fixed next window and also we will probably get rid of few players that are getting into the way of others. El Nenny, Mustafi, Özil, Miki, Xahaka, Kola, Monreal. Will probably all leave next summer!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Holding/Sokratis/Saliba/Upamecano/Luiz

Fantastic set of defenders when we push for the league next year.

Iceman10

Established Member
Regarding all the stuff on Zaha and Iwobi, there is something that could be do-able with a Mikhi out (eventually) thrown in, but I would guess the club is committed to Iwobi for another season at least, him having coming through our youth ranks.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
In the grand scheme of things, we've gone from arguing about Fraser, Praet and Carrasco to actually signing much better players and being legitimately linked with some top talents, even bidding significant amounts. It really could have been much much worse.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still if these deals done we fixed like 80% of problems we fixed our width by signing pepe fixed our midfield by getting very gooe player fixed our s**ty LB by getting Tierney the only disappointment not getting quality CB

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Regarding all the stuff on Zaha and Iwobi, there is something that could be do-able with a Mikhi out (eventually) thrown in, but I would guess the club is committed to Iwobi for another season at least, him having coming through our youth ranks.

I really thought Upamecano would have been triggered when Iwobi news came in :(
- even worse, I think it's become quiet around Iwobi because Zaha put in a transfer request. Think he might still end up at Everton

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Nearly a perfect transfer window in relation to signings.

Huge improvement compared to last season. We can still hope for some bids for Mustafi, Elneny and Mikhi.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Ceballos Iwobi
Aubameyang
It’s a team that should challenge top four, but will probably fall short, probably won’t see it together either with injuries.

Kingofthebongo

When you add Luiz and Tierney our backline looks fantastic:

Tierney Holding Sokratis Bellerin.

When you add Tierney and Luiz our backline looks like this:

Monreal Musti/Luiz Sok AMN

Tierney will not be ready for a little longer, Bellerin and Holding I am going to write off for most of the season. If you're a fair human being you give someone coming back from an ACL a season of stinking performances.

Chancellor

Pepe Ceballos Tierney not excite you?
Tierney is here yet?

Ceballos is a good player that came on loan to replace Ramsey.

Pepe was good on France and i hope he can do the same here.

But the team have a lot of holes to fill, our defence it's not very good, we don't have a elite CB, a good bellarin backup, our midfield is bullied by almost every team on the top Ten, and on attack if Pepe is injury we Will have to play with iwobi or mkhi, two inconsequential players.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Sokratis
Luiz
Holding
Rugani (loan)
Chambers

I know we won’t get both but one alone doesn’t improve us on last year for me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tierney is here yet?

Ceballos is a good player that came on loan to replace Ramsey.

Pepe was good on France and i hope he can do the same here.

But the team have a lot of holes to fill, our defence it's not very good, we don't have a elite CB, a good bellarin backup, our midfield is bullied by almost every team on the top Ten, and on attack if Pepe is injury we Will have to play with iwobi or mkhi, two inconsequential players.
We can't fix everything in one window specially when our funds are limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom