• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniele Rugani

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I remember Chelsea wanted to sign him last year for around £50m but the player or Juve said no. He then went on to barely play and still extended his contract too. Think the lack of playing time has obviously affected him and he has stagnated but a new challenge and scenery could be what he needs, i remember people saying similar about Leno and i'm quite happy with how that's gone so far. He was obviously very highly rated at one point for good reason, this move could be the one to reignite his career.

This could also just be me accepting our fate and looking for silver linings.
The kid did not make it sorrounded of the best defenders in the world in a system suited for that in a league where they are champions even before starting. I don’t trust him for going in a defense like ours with so many holes and work to do...

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Perhaps being surrounded with the best defenders in the world makes it much more difficult to make it and to get playing time for a young defender. At the end of the day like everyone else i'd prefer better options, but if we sign him i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah, I'll judge him based on how he does with us. I'm not bothered about what he did in Italy

yorch44

Perhaps being surrounded with the best defenders in the world makes it much more difficult to make it and to get playing time for a young defender. At the end of the day like everyone else i'd prefer better options, but if we sign him i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Chiellini is old... if you are not trusted to play some matches with those old men... then you are not just good enough.

yorch44

Yeah, I'll judge him based on how he does with us. I'm not bothered about what he did in Italy
If that’s the mentality then scouts would not exist... you need to judge players for what did they do. You don’t buy players without a reason. If he comes I think he would not make it. This defense is not for rookies, we need experience and CB good and confident with the ball

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If that’s the mentality then scouts would not exist... you need to judge players for what did they do. You don’t buy players without a reason. If he comes I think he would not make it. This defense is not for rookies, we need experience and CB good and confident with the ball
I'm not a scout, I'm a supporter. If he becomes an Arsenal player he'll have my support

yorch44

I'm not a scout, I'm a supporter. If he becomes an Arsenal player he'll have my support
So you support Mustafi? Then why not stick with him in that case, he is the Arsenal player, not Rugani... the kid without a single match in PL or Arsenal.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Chiellini is old... if you are not trusted to play some matches with those old men... then you are not just good enough.
Serie A is the old man’s league. Juventus bought a 33 year old Ronaldo, so I am not really surprised if he didn’t get games.

leo9903

I'm surprised to see such negativity regarding Rugani. And people are genuinely excited by David Luiz lol...

From where I see it, if he improves us by just a little, then we'd be golden. Hell we could've done with him last year if it means conceding 50 instead of 51 goals. That could turn one of the draws or the 1 nil losses we had last season into points. We could've gotten CL with that one goal, you'd never know.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm surprised to see such negativity regarding Rugani. And people are genuinely excited by David Luiz lol...

From where I see it, if he improves us by just a little, then we'd be golden. Hell we could've done with him last year if it means conceding 50 instead of 51 goals. That could turn one of the draws or the 1 nil losses we had last season into points. We could've gotten CL with that one goal, you'd never know.

Are you saying Rugani would be better for Arsenal for the 2019/20 season than Luiz?

I'm not overly excited by Luiz, but I do see it as a pragmatic move to help us secure CL football, along with the rest of our signings, from where we can kick on, with bigger transfer budgets, including to get a top CB we all really want, to add to Saliba and Holding.

leo9903

Are you saying Rugani would be better for Arsenal for the 2019/20 season than Luiz?

I'm not overly excited by Luiz, but I do see it as a pragmatic move to help us secure CL football, along with the rest of our signings, from where we can kick on, with bigger transfer budgets, including to get a top CB we all really want, to add to Saliba and Holding.
Yeah I am. With Luiz, you know you're getting an error prone defender. Rugani on the other hand, has a Leno-esque vibe to him. Just at the right age to step up or screw up. I'd rather we take a chance on the young guy trying to prove himself rather than the one who has nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom