• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

most Chelsea fans don't seem to care too much and are backing Lampard. they all say he can pass and effect the game that way but is a poor defender which is what a lot of us here know already. we shall see but in all honesty i dont expect him to make much difference at the defensive end which is what we need badly

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Luiz will necessarily start here if all our options are fit. I know for sure that him + Sokratis will be a poor partnership balance wise.

If Holding meets his earlier form for us then it will be between Sokratis and Luiz to be his partner. Luiz will offer fantastic passing and composure, but less recovery speed and power than Sokratis.

Regardless it pushes Mustafi down the pecking order and hopefully out the club. The order of CB's imo:

1. Holding 2. Sokratis 3. Luiz 4. Chambers 5. Mustafi

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Reading the Sheds fans opinions has made me feel better about signing Luiz. A lot of of them seem annoyed and are worried about going with a CB pairing of Zouma and Christensen who they dont seem to rate.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I don't like Luiz as a footballer and he is anything but a natural defender (which unfortunately is exactly what we need) but for under 10m you'd have to be a fool to not take him undet the current circumstances. Offer him a 2 year contract, he'd have the incentive to play his heart out to get a renewal or a last paycheck at the end of it, PL experienced, winner mentality and we weaken a rival in the process. He'd instantly be our best ball-playing defender by far, thus he improves us, even if going forward. We had trouble in playing out from the back last season.
The moment I heard this rumor I thought of this possibility. We could see real results from his skill on the ball.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Where this has the potential to help us defensively is by reducing our reliance on Xhaka to distribute from deep allowing us to play Torreria or even Cellabos as our #6.
Exactly. We don't need to rely on Xhaka for anything other than keeping the bench warm.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Where this has the potential to help us defensively is by reducing our reliance on Xhaka to distribute from deep allowing us to play Torreria or even Cellabos as our #6.

Very intelligent point.

Torreira - Guendouzi/Willock - Ceballos midfield has enough energy to win ball back higher up the pitch in that case also. Which means less defending to do. Which means less horror **** ups

Wryer

I think Luiz has come a long way and looked a different player following his second stint.

Let's just say between Rugani and Luiz - I'll take Luiz and review in December.

But I'd imagine the media will have a field day when Luiz - Mustafi makes the starting 11. :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I don't think Luiz will necessarily start here if all our options are fit. I know for sure that him + Sokratis will be a poor partnership balance wise.

If Holding meets his earlier form for us then it will be between Sokratis and Luiz to be his partner. Luiz will offer fantastic passing and composure, but less recovery speed and power than Sokratis.

Regardless it pushes Mustafi down the pecking order and hopefully out the club. The order of CB's imo:

1. Holding 2. Sokratis 3. Luiz 4. Chambers 5. Mustafi
Finally someone who understands about football and why you need passing abilities from you CB in modern football. The times when you wanted pure trolls defending has ended. You need at least one of them to be good with the ball. Just like Puyol - Rafita Márquez one was the muscle, Rafa was the brain and class!

Wryer

Wonder who wil be the opted freekick takers now out of Özil, Xhaka Ceballos and Luiz?

I'll take Özil out of that list. He's limited when it comes to dead ball, but that's no slight because when players are static the dynamics changes. He's a precision machine when every part is moving.

Luiz as well, unless it's a freekick with a sight on goal.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
No brainer - take Luiz. Defenders don't get **** at 32. He is World Class on the ball. He may have his Mustafi moments, but atleast we get an upgrade on passing the ball out of the back.

Look at Huth and Morgan at Leciester - both 32 when they won the league.

zilfy

Pretty sure he can defend. He was in the PFA Team of The Year 2017 and probably not because of his passing skills.
He is quality, which makes me think these rumours of 5-8 mil are rubbish. Hes more in the 15-20 range isn't he? 32 isn't that old this day and age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom