• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Looks like that this can happen. Is Iwobi even back ?

I didn't see him in any training pics and yesterday's promo pics for new season.

Nah lots of other AFCON players like Mane and Elneny are back in but still no Iwobi.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Probably because Nigeria reached the final

Edit: Semifinal* and then third place play off

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If the club gave Iwobi 4 weeks off then he wouldn’t be back until 15th August.

If he got 3 weeks off he’d be due back today.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Forgot about Martinelli. Happy for Iwobi to go. Lived the dream but not good enough. 40m would be a fantastic deal all things considered and allows the young gunz to do what Iwobi failed to do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Forgot about Martinelli. Happy for Iwobi to go. Lived the dream but not good enough. 40m would be a fantastic deal all things considered and allows the young gunz to do what Iwobi failed to do.

Iwobi is more ready than any of the kids though mate, they might be more talented but none of them are as good as him or ready for a full season yet.

We need a replacement if he goes. Otherwise it’ll be lots of Mkhi on the wing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Iwobi is more ready than any of the kids though mate, they might be more talented but none of them are as good as him or ready for a full season yet.

Auba will be on the left. I wonder if Emery will consider Kola further forward, not as a starter but as a back up option.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Auba will be on the left. I wonder if Emery will consider Kola further forward, not as a starter but as a back up option.

We’ve only really got two first team strikers though now Nketiah is off and Danny’s left.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We’ve only really got two first team strikers though now Nketiah is off and Danny’s left.

Yeah, Auba and Laca cant play every game. I do think Martinelli will get more games than people expect. We've certainly made use of him in pre-season.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Think weve plenty of options to play on the wing if necessary.

Özil, Ceballos, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Nelson, ERS and Martinelli.

The only way some of these guys will improve is by playing and with plenty of options they wont be needed for a full season. Early round Europa and league cup games. Plus making the bench occasionally in PL games.

ranadinho

Im not sure why this transfer is getting a lot of attention on this forum. Even if Arsenal offload Iwobi for £35-40M, I doubt any of the money will be reinvested back into the club. The way I see it, this money has already been used to fund Luiz and Tierney.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Don't think there's enough time for Iwobi to Everton and then for us to invest those funds elsewhere.

Unless, we do a last ditch attempt at Upamecano or Coutinho loan fee.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sell Iwobi, make a profit or close to it this window.

Take that back to Stan and he’ll realise that this ‘being competitive’ stuff isn’t always as expensive as it sounds.

I hope we take the Iwobi money and offer it straight to Leipzig to lock down Upemacano, either that or we start looking at our big CM signing. (Pogba 2020 you heard it here first)

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Im not sure why this transfer is getting a lot of attention on this forum. Even if Arsenal offload Iwobi for £35-40M, I doubt any of the money will be reinvested back into the club. The way I see it, this money has already been used to fund Luiz and Tierney.
There is no guarantee Iwobi will be sold. It seems very likely we are signing these two players. They are not connected and there is no need to reinvest the Iwobi money (if it goes through) just now, especially with a January window right around the corner.

Selling Iwobi is about selling Iwobi. Is he good enough? No. Is he vital? No. Is he potential dead wood? Yes. Do we need to trim the squad? Yes. Is a key component of a transfer window buying and selling? Yes. Have we to do date sold a player for big money? No.

Iwobi could be Mkhitaryan or Özil and the above would still apply. I said in another thread fans can be emotionally invested but management cannot. In the past weve had management and upper management emotionally invested in players and it clouded their judgement and handicapped us. That cost us big money for Wilshere it cost us big money for Walcott, it cost money on extending contracts when people were done or not good enough. Iwobi ticks too many boxes not to be moved on and as above it has no relation on our moves for Tierney or Luiz.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Right now I’m leaning towards selling Iwobi and leaving the LW as a battleground between Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, Mkhi, Özil.

Would be tempting to sell Iwobi for 40M and go straight for Zaha/Coutinho but that would absolutely end some careers here. Nelson would definitely have to go on loan if we did that and Özil would actually be a bench player. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom