• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Yes if you look at these stats you'll see he's bang average at all these things, oh wai..
Were those completed passes or just passes into the area. Huge difference there so these stats dont prove anything. Kola probably has the most crosses into the box but most are all over the place.

thierrytheking14

Anyone who thinks this is a good move clearly isn't thinking straight. We had 3 ball carriers on the team - Iwobi, Ceballos and to a certain extent Pepe and Willock. We've stupidly sold one of them and have failed to replace them. Don't give me **** about Reiss and Saka - Iwobi is miles better than those two.
Now we have a lopsided front 3 of Auba - Laca - Pepe. ZERO ball retention - NOTHING.
We have a 32 year old inconsistent Mkhitaryan and 3 inexperienced youngsters to rely on if God forbid something happens to Pepe.
We've already heard that Pepe will be eased in slowly due to taking conditioning and fitness training - wouldn't Iwobi have been the logical option outwide while that happened?
This sale without a decent replacement makes this window a 5/10 for me.
Never let the truth get in the way of a shocking post mate...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Anyone who thinks this is a good move clearly isn't thinking straight. We had 3 ball carriers on the team - Iwobi, Ceballos and to a certain extent Pepe and Willock. We've stupidly sold one of them and have failed to replace them. Don't give me **** about Reiss and Saka - Iwobi is miles better than those two.
Now we have a lopsided front 3 of Auba - Laca - Pepe. ZERO ball retention - NOTHING.
We have a 32 year old inconsistent Mkhitaryan and 3 inexperienced youngsters to rely on if God forbid something happens to Pepe.
We've already heard that Pepe will be eased in slowly due to taking conditioning and fitness training - wouldn't Iwobi have been the logical option outwide while that happened?
This sale without a decent replacement makes this window a 5/10 for me.
Sometimes you have to take a small hit to make a giant leap forward. Have faith, Don Raul will spend the money well in the next windows.

LG10

Nelson, Saka, Martin Nelly are more than enough for replacement
That’s a big assumption, I’m a big Nelson fan but dunno if he’s ready. Emery doesn’t rate him apparently so he’ll probably use mhki there or god forbid aubameyang

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Why Atlantic is the source in the threadname?

Joyce (best source for Liverpool & Everton) is saying 35m and Ornstein (best source for Arsenal) is saying 35m-40m.

Yesterday we rejected a 30m bid, so don't think it the basis of the deal is lower now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Any thing South of 40m is a low fee.

I remember being laughed at for suggesting Iwobi was a 30m player. Might get quote happy latter on.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Guess who's back lads :cool:

Glad to see Iwobi go honestly, £40m is about double what he's worth and it shows Emery has a ruthless streak and doesn't want "projects"

He might even be a good signing for Everton as well, but either way glad to be doing excellent business this window.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Always sad to see a homegrown academy graduate leave, but it's probably for the best for both sides. Don't think Iwobi was going to make it as a starter here, would have been a squad player at best.

Has decent ability on the ball, but he's a very frustrating player. We all know his end product needs major improvement which is one of the most difficult aspects to make the step up in.

However, I feel we could have done better than £28m for a young homegrown player with a decent amount of experience. Think midtable is his level; he'll be a solid acquisition for Everton and wish him well.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Guess who's back lads :cool:

Glad to see Iwobi go honestly, £40m is about double what he's worth and it shows Emery has a ruthless streak and doesn't want "projects"

He might even be a good signing for Everton as well, but either way glad to be doing excellent business this window.

Do i know you?

Zaza

Some of you people just don't get it. It's not only about Iwobi leaving but replacing him and bringing balance into the team.
Selling Iwobi and loaning out Nketiah is a bone headed move that will cost us if we don't rectify it this January.
I guess some of you aren't interested in winning the europa league. We need squad depth!!
Anyways - I trust most of the "happy people" turning on Reiss and Saka when they have a dip in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom