• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Make no mistake this won't be easy. These types of games, where we have most of our strongest 11 either out or carrying knocks, it will be ugly.

I don't care how, just get the 3 points. On the plus side, they have Bruce as manager. Nowhere near tactically astute as Benitez.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Any idea what sort lineup we can expect from them?
Something like:
Dubravka
Manquillo
Schar
Lascelles
Clark
Ritchie
Hayden
Shelvey
Colback
Almiron
Joelinton

Joelinton will be a handful. Hasn’t got his feet under the table yet though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems that a lot of posters, including me, don’t seem to be expecting a lot given the circumstances, and with our record in early games of the season.

But every point counts in the EPL when you get to the sharp end. Losing 3 points because you’re not ready for the first game should really be unacceptable.

Last edited:
Leno, Niles, Sokratis, Chambers, Monreal, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock, Özil, Aubameyang, Mikhitaryan

tricky fixture, will be difficult. Will take a draw.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Seems that a lot of posters, including me, don’t seem to be expecting a lot given the circumstances, and with our record in early games of the season.

But every point counts in the EPL when you get to the sharp end. Losing 3 points because you’re not ready for the first game should really be unacceptable.

I would agree if it was under our control. Not much we can do though that Torreira and Pepe were involved with summer tournaments, Ceballos and Laca picking up knocks which severely limited their game time in pre-season, Tierney, Holding and Bellerin are still recovering from injuries. We just have to get by till we get them all back.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Any idea what sort lineup we can expect from them?
No idea tbh but if it was up to me....

Joelinton-Muto
Almiron
Yedlin-Ki-Shelvey-Manquillo
Leujene-Lascelles-Schar
Dubravka

or

Joelinton
Ritchie-Almiron-Saivet
Ki-Shelvey
Colback/Dummet-Lascelles-Schar-Manquillo/Yedlin
Dubravka

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Leno

Chambers Luiz Sokratis Monreal

Guendouzi Torreira Xhaka

Özil Lacazette Aubameyang

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nelson Auba Martinelli​
Özil
Xhaka Willock
Monreal Luiz Sokratis AMN
Leno

Subs: Martinez, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Torreira, Ceballos, Pepe, Lacazette.
That would be our best line up on form and injuries. I actually think Martinelli and Reiss Nelson should be given a chance, I’m 100% sure that they’d cause Newcastle many problems with their directness, width and pace.

Emery would have the luxury of bringing in the firepower of Pepe and Laca if the game is going badly.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Lol at people who think we're going to lose because Xhaka starts. Yeah, he's not good enough if we want to consistently get top 4 and more importantly close the gap to Pool and City but we've played 99 games with Xhaka in the team in the PL and we've won 55 of those so I still think we have a pretty good chance against ****ing Newcastle who have only weakened from last season and have one of the worst coaches in the PL.

3-0 to us. Auba x 2, Özil x 1.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Why are people talking like Newcastle is Bayern München? This is a game that we should win without any kind of doubt. Newcastle is a relegation candidate and we tend to win against them both home and away. I know that we miss some players but that doesnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom