• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
The situation is such that I wonder if Emery would be tempted to risk either a Laca or Pepe start. Late fitness tests on both, but maybe Laca is a good possibility. The next fixture would be the Saturday after against Burnley at the Emirates. Would be nice if we could grab maximum points going into the two fixtures after that one (Liverpool, Sp**s).

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Think Laca will be fine, so it's up to who get's a start Nelson or Mkhi.
I see people mention Martinelli. Loved his cameos, and with Eddie loan it seams like we are not going to shy away from playing him.
not bothered who starts, it's more relaxing now that team is better balanced

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Carroll back in time for his annual hat-trick against us.... seriously I am more confident now Rafa's gone. He makes it difficult to play against his teams, we've beaten Bruce time and time again.

Shame we'll be short at LB when we actually have 3 proper LB's for the first time in yonks (ever?) but surely even if Pepe won't start and Laca isn't fit we'll have far too much for a troubled Toon with fans striking and all?

Divided_Pie

Hope would be that Laca, Pepe, and Ceballos are fit and Emery is willing to throw Willock in to the fire:

.............................Laca
..............Auba - Ceballos - Pepe
....................Xhaka - Willock
Monreal - Sokratis - Chambers - AMN
............................Leno

More likely it's more like this:

..............Nelson - Auba - Mkhi
......Guendouzi - Xhaka - Torreira
Monreal - Sokratis - Chambers - AMN
............................Leno

Eventually (Oct?) would like to see us get to this:

.....................Laca
.........Auba - Özil - Pepe
.........Ceballos - Willock
Tierney - Luiz - Holding - Bellerin
....................Leno

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Don't think Laca's fit or that he'll start Pepe

I think we'll get:

Leno
Sokratis - Luiz - Monreal
AMN - Ceballos - Torreira - Xhaka - Willock
Nelson
Auba

Iceman10

Established Member
Carroll back in time for his annual hat-trick against us.... seriously I am more confident now Rafa's gone. He makes it difficult to play against his teams, we've beaten Bruce time and time again.

Shame we'll be short at LB when we actually have 3 proper LB's for the first time in yonks (ever?) but surely even if Pepe won't start and Laca isn't fit we'll have far too much for a troubled Toon with fans striking and all?

Probably would be more of a surprise to see Andy Carroll in this one than Laca and Pepe. Was reported that he's three weeks off from being ready fitness-wise. I do hold out some hope for Laca starting this one, therefore with Auba as RW.

Token Yank

................Leno
AMN... Chambers...Sok...Nacho
..............Willock.....Xhaka
Mkhi...........Ceballos.........Nelson
.......................Auba

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I don't think we have much choice vs. Mkhi on the right, esp. as this is an away match. We don't have first choice RB available and at least Mkhi does help out on the defensive end.
I guess yeah. And Newcastle aren't complete **** either so some work rate and experience for a put together team is not so bad.

Iceman10

Established Member
I guess yeah. And Newcastle aren't complete **** either so some work rate and experience for a put together team is not so bad.

It would have to be Mkhi, at least for some work rate to try to protect AMN, unless the manager takes a calculated risk of something like 60 mins for Laca (CF) and 30 mins for Pepe (RW, sub); Auba playing the full 90 mins (depending on late fitness tests). Even in that scenario the manager might start Mkhi on the left, but if he didn't that would be a big statement to try to push him out by 02-Sep. lol.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Pepe and Lacazette will be on the bench. With Kolasinac and Özil out as well as the injured players the 18 is quite easy to predict.

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Monreal
Willock Xhaka Guendouzi
Mkhitaryan Aubameyang Nelson

Martinez; Chambers; Torreira, Ceballos; Saka/Martinelli, Pepe, Lacazette
Saka might get the nod over Martinelli as he covers LB, that’s still an exciting squad bar a couple.

morpho

Established Member
Dont really understand the overwhelming beliefe in our victory here... None of our recent purcase will start this, imo

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yeah I'm pretty nervous about this game, its a tough away game with arsenal having off field issues and half the starting XI injured or lacking full fitness.
I would be happy with any kind of win

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I think Pepe and Lacazette will be on the bench. With Kolasinac and Özil out as well as the injured players the 18 is quite easy to predict.

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Monreal
Willock Xhaka Guendouzi
Mkhitaryan Aubameyang Nelson

Martinez; Chambers; Torreira, Ceballos; Saka/Martinelli, Pepe, Lacazette
Saka might get the nod over Martinelli as he covers LB, that’s still an exciting squad bar a couple.
This or 343 with Chambers in for Willock or Guendouzi.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I'm expecting some big and exciting things from Newcastle's attacking players this season. They've got some really talented players. Hope our defence can't find some sort of shape for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom