• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead & Mesut

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Leave London then.

I recommend this for his safety.

If you’re a top flight pro looking to ply your trade in a large city in England, Italy, Spain, France or Germany where there is no risk of a targeted robbery of high net-worth individuals....your choices are going to be somewhat limited.

China is very safe though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully not political as that more long term implications for the duo.

Nothing new with footballers being targeted over here though. Just look at how many PL footballers burgled or robbed. Similar incident happened to Jagielka but not on CTV so less noise.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If you’re a top flight pro looking to ply your trade in a large city in England, Italy, Spain, France or Germany where there is no risk of a targeted robbery of high net-worth individuals....your choices are going to be somewhat limited.

China is very safe though.
Let’s protect Özil by sending him to China.
I really want him to be safe, and find a team that suits his playing level.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Reading the comments.....the crime rate in London sounds pretty shocking. For one of the biggest cities of the world with so much development that's surprising.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Complex issues rarely have simple answers...

The death penalty have Little to No impact on crime rates, deterance doesnt work.

It will raise the danger for cops and witnesses.

It is scary how many people are exonerated from death row. You cant make a mistake, of an innocent is in prison they can be let out if they are dead its well impossible...

Expensive as hell to...

I am not morally against it, just practically
Most of these crime rates stats have been bullshit. The countries with capital punishment which you are talking about, also have very bad law enforcement. So the criminals know that they can commit the crime and get away without being caught.
I saw one guy argue that giving comfortable life in jail and teaching people to live honestly has reduced the percentage of crimes committed by people who finish their sentence. But in those same countries, crime per capita is higher than the crime per capita in countries with death penalty. This way of correcting people may work well for people who committed a crime. But it works badly for people who are committing their first crime. They want to rape or murder. They think about the penalty. They are already leading ****ty lives. What bad is a few years in jail gonna do? They go ahead and do it.

Most of the criminal activities boil down to economic status or poor parenting. People in poor economic status have nothing to lose other than their life. So they are fine doing the crime if they are just going to be in jail for a few years. For people who had bad parents, in most of the cases, morality was taught with the help of fear of punishment, not by explaining them how a crime affects the society and other people's lives and why it is the wrong thing to do. Once they find that the punishment is not really that bad, they have no reason to avoid committing the crime.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Reading the comments.....the crime rate in London sounds pretty shocking. For one of the biggest cities of the world with so much development that's surprising.

Do your own research and verify mate .... no different to any other major city in the world. Don’t believe the hype.

i-love-london-florene-welebny.jpg

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Do your own research and verify mate .... no different to any other major city in the world. Don’t believe the hype.

i-love-london-florene-welebny.jpg
Yeah you'd think with all kinds of resources at least living in safety is the least you'd expect.

But yeah, hype is a truth. All my life I had a dream to go to London once. I did but it was mostly underwhelming with ****ty old buildings and nothing out of the ordinary. Though I didn't really get to see all of it though so there's probably lots to it. But I frankly enjoyed my days in Bath more. Natural surroundings but at times over the top peaceful in residential parts.

English people are so nice though. Friendly and polite.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom