• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: Gameweek 1

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
W4FFlBS.jpg

In what world is this clear and obvious?

There is no "clear and obvious" with offside. You're either off or you're not. Every goal gets checked, he's off however dodgy it looks.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can’t really blame VAR for the rule being ****. Offside should be about gaining a clear advantage. Now you’ve got VAR you can go back to the old way with there needing to be “daylight” between defender and attacker.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sterling will have very big season i think even better than last season. His movements top quality

FinnGooner

Established Member
Positively surprised by how quick the VAR check is. Once people get used to the "ridiculous" accuracy, I think it'll be fine. As a hockey fan, I'm used to video checks and all kinds of delays within the game so doesn't bother me too much. But the hand ball rule needs to be clear.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully VAR is going to be used when Mo Salah dives against us this season.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
W4FFlBS.jpg

In what world is this clear and obvious?
I would think your eyes work and you can clearly see the red line being ahead of the blue line. And that's even when they're being pretty generous to where the West Ham player's shoulder is.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This game is just reminding of why I'm caring less and less about football. Rotten to the core it is. All I can do is sit with a hand up my ass waiting for some oligarch to come in and make us relevant.

The idea that we're playing against a team in the same league that has fringe players better than 90% of our team is just ****ing stupid.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I would think your eyes work and you can clearly see the red line being ahead of the blue line. And that's even when they're being pretty generous to where the West Ham player's shoulder is.

I'll give you the lines but the decision where the arm ends and the shoulder begins is too subjective for my taste. And that's not even taking into account which frame is used to decide when the ball was played.

Too tight for me though I will say that's probably more of an issue with the offside rule than the VAR.

Top Bottom