• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: Gameweek 1

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
New penalty rules

• Goalkeepers must have at least one foot on the goalline when a penalty kick is being taken.
  • But VAR will NOT be consulted on whether or not the keeper did stay in position.
  • This will be the sole job of the on-field officials.
  • VAR will only get involved at a penalty if the player taking it double-hits the ball, if the kicker feigns at the point of the kick or if there’s an encroachment that has a direct impact on the outcome of the penalty.
So it was retaken because of Rice encroaching.

FinnGooner

Established Member
So will they order retakes if infringement when player scores? Joke this is

That's a problem of the rule book, not VAR. These rules have always existed but their policing has been completely arbitrary. It's obvious the rule book needs to be adjusted to VAR but only with time we'll get better understanding of what adjustments need to be made.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
A net transfer spend of £1b over the last 9 years will do that.

All perfectly within the rules of course, we all know Man City have been operating on a £100m profit a season for the last decade or so, all organic growth.

Can't stand them. Not healthy for football at all.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Didn't think West Ham looked bad first half / even first 60 minutes.

That striker will cause teams issues.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
West ham will get better. Remember how sh*t we were last season on opening day against City.W barely resembled a football team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

All perfectly within the rules of course, we all know Man City have been operating on a £100m profit a season for the last decade or so, all organic growth.
Not fair i agree ffp will have to do something about it

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This game is just reminding of why I'm caring less and less about football. Rotten to the core it is. All I can do is sit with a hand up my ass waiting for some oligarch to come in and make us relevant.

The idea that we're playing against a team in the same league that has fringe players better than 90% of our team is just ****ing stupid.
I get your point, but effort and strategy plays a huge part in how the game goes, and it just looks like both were lacking. I was more expecting a similar result from the Liverpool game than this one, but West ham has this knack of conceding big against the big boys.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Man city will keep dominate the league until pep finally go. Maybe one day UAE get bored and leave too

Think that Pep will leave them next season.It really depends how City will do in CL,but he isn't type of manager that will stay in some club for long period of time.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
FFS City just steamrolled West Ham at home with 0-5 nobody will stop them this season theit depth in midfield and attack and defense is just to much to handle.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Spent £120m on fullbacks that weren't even on the pitch today :lol:

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
So will they order retakes if infringement when player scores? Joke this is
They technically should if the defending team infringes and the penalty wasn't scored. They also should if the penalty is scored and the offensive team infringes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think that Pep will leave them next season.It really depends how City will do in CL,but he isn't type of manager that will stay in some club for long period of time.
The sooner he leave the better without pep city can't be dominate like now maybe they'll the title every 3-4 years but with him they'll win it every year.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Reckon league will be settled in January if Liverpool and Tottenham suffers key injuries.

Liverpool will not keep up this season, City just have to much quality in their team creativity all over the pitch combined with pace and strenght i haven ever seen a team as complete as City's this season as our team was since the invincibles.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom