• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,373
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hmm, but had they gone all in for Sane from the off they could have got him before the possibility of a serious injury getting in the way. Chelsea weren't going to sell Odoi no matter what the price.

Hah! Probably talking about Sane.

Sort of hard to tell for me where they are at tbh as I've not watched Bundesliga and Bayern for a long time other than reading. They're definitely not in their best of times though. Probably still win the league even though BvB look close enough in most areas.

Yeah, will be close and I'd go with Bayern again, but only if they sign some more quality players. Dortmund really did surprise this window and with that dumb move of Bayern, to let go of Hummels, a lot has changed.

Sane could've set it back to Bayern having a clear advantage. Was a really bad week for Bayern, but if the deal was really agreed before the community shield, City and Pep were absolutely taking the piss with playing him.

All the German media said it was agreed.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yeah, will be close and I'd go with Bayern again, but only if they sign some more quality players. Dortmund really did surprise this window and with that dumb move of Bayern, to let go of Hummels, a lot has changed.

Sane could've set it back to Bayern having a clear advantage. Was a really bad week for Bayern, but if the deal was really agreed before the community shield, City and Pep were absolutely taking the piss with playing him.

All the German media said it was agreed.
Yeah, kind of surprised with BvB's recruitment tbh. Real aggressive. I don't rate their strikers much but then again in the BL you don't require everyone to be WC so they're on track. Blew the title last time around so probably that made them go after all the players they want.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Alexis must be nightmare behind the scenes if they that desperate to get rid.

Don’t think he is, he’s a top professional and his desire to work can’t be questioned. Even your fans can admit that much.

Just physically shot, he can’t last 2 games. Not even for Chile which says a lot about the level of decline. I call what he has Rooney syndrome, physically finished by playing with more heart than brain over a long career unlike others i.e. Ronnie.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Have a feeling Madrid remained relatively quiet with their business awaiting this opportunity. I’m sure they will pay over the odds, which Barca may not do or match...

MikeVinna

Established Member
Don’t think he is, he’s a top professional and his desire to work can’t be questioned. Even your fans can admit that much.

Just physically shot, he can’t last 2 games. Not even for Chile which says a lot about the level of decline. I call what he has Rooney syndrome, physically finished by playing with more heart than brain over a long career unlike others i.e. Ronnie.

He was always going to decline really fast physically. He was playing every single match for us and he was playing them like they were his last. And aside from that Chile were running him into the ground as well.

I have to say I did think he’d give you guys one or two decent seasons but it seems like it’s really over. Sad how that deal didn’t help either of our clubs or players.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Can somebody explain to me why Barca paid 120m for Griezman, possibly end up paying 200m, when they could've signed Joao Felix more easily who's already the vastly superior player ? :lol:

GunnerUK

Can somebody explain to me why Barca paid 120m for Griezman, possibly end up paying 200m, when they could've signed Joao Felix more easily who's already the vastly superior player ? :lol:

Their transfer business has been Disastrous last few years. Spent huge fortunes on these players and Looking to Loan them out or sell on 2/3 of the price. Coutinho, Umtiti, Malcom...

Iceman10

Established Member
RM and Barca transfer activity is increasingly obsessed over 120m+ signings, whereas PL clubs go with multiple signings in the 60m+ ballpark. The end result, and accumulation over multiple transfer windows, is that PL squads are far more balanced and able to go full throttle across the pitch for the whole 90+ mins, meaning when it comes to the CL, the PL clubs may remain ahead, and we may even see a gap develop and grow. As we've seen, all eggs in one basket with a Coutinho type signing carries a lot of risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom