• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 306,334
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
To be honest, I wish you didn’t say Mangala because he hasn’t played for them since 2015 :lol:

Anyway, every defender makes mistakes and I won’t play into your fallacious argument, you can have the same debate for players like Ramos, Varane etc. Point being is Otamendi is more reliable than Mustafi.

To conclude, Mustafi is now our fifth defender on the charts making what? 90k p/w? I’d rather leave this spot for Dinos or had given it to Bielik who could do the job as they won’t be relied on too heavily.

As far as I can tell Mangala is a backup option for City right now, so its hardly fallacious is it?

And Otamendi is as rash as they come, he dives in constantly and gets caught out less often than he should because of the brilliant team around him, also hardly fallacious.

I never said Mustafi was as good as Otamendi, either. I'm just saying he's not significantly worse than the backup options at other clubs, and there's been little said to change my mind about this point.

Gegen Pressing

He was, but then I was told Emery had a plan for Iwobi too . Obviously Emery the Kim Jong Un of Arsenal .

Oh come thinking Emery 's ordered his henchmen repeatedly to go after Özil, apparently they've been arrested and may spill the beans dark shiite may come to light

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
With the Euros next year, you think this guy who is still young would want to play. His position here is unsustainable on every way.

Vanfrothan

Emery was listing our centre back options in his post match press conference and never even mentioned this guy.

He must be on his way, surely.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery was listing our centre back options in his post match press conference and never even mentioned this guy.

He must be on his way, surely.

Feels like the club are doing their best to show him he’s not wanted. The **** will probably cling on for dear life though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why do you find any of these positions "rash"?

I think Mustafi is simply a bad footballer. And both Xhaka and Kola simply aren't very good, but both have flashes of brilliance that saves them from time to time.

Xhaka is a weird footballer, never seen someone so inconsistent, like today for example. Rubbish first half, miss placing passes left and right and then a very good 2nd half.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Could well be someone like Edu or Raul that suggested Emery bins Mustafi, or more likely a group decision. I think the club more than ever will be aware of how players are perceived by the fan base and will feel its beyond repair. In the past it's just been dinosaurs that had no interest in what the fans think. I'm not saying they are trawling twitter for ideas but getting boo'd in a friendly would be the last straw for him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Could well be someone like Edu or Raul that suggested Emery bins Mustafi, or more likely a group decision. I think the club more than ever will be aware of how players are perceived by the fan base and will feel its beyond repair. In the past it's just been dinosaurs that had no interest in what the fans think. I'm not saying they are trawling twitter for ideas but getting boo'd in a friendly would be the last straw for him.

That's probably one part of it. I see it more in the way that they were annoyed at his performances even last year. But wanted to keep faith, with no experienced other options. They didn't want his value go to 0 € like Mangala above.

But when Mustafi came in for maybe 10 minutes in the friendly against Barcelona, he straight away made a silly mistake again resulting in goal. That was the last straw. Taking the monetary loss now was a lot better than Mustafi's performances leading Arsenal again being left out of Champions League (it was very close last year), which will result in bigger loss in money and other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom