• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: Gameweek 1

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Pogba with time and space if the best midfielder in the league
That doesn't really say anything at all. Almost any pro midfielder would be the best in the league with enough time and space.

Performing under limited time and space is like 90% of what sets apart the best midfielders from literally anyone else.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Didnt see the game, but Im sure there is tremendous exaggeration going on in Manchester this evening.

Prepare for a week of title favourites talk.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That doesn't really say anything at all. Almost any pro midfielder would be the best in the league with enough time and space.

Performing under limited time and space is like 90% of what sets apart the best midfielders from literally anyone else.

Oh don't worry, I'm aware of all this. There's a reason Guardiola and Klopp don't have Pogba types in their midfield.

Arseshavin

Watched second half of Manutd vs Chelsea. My conclusion is that Manutd can be a danger when sitting deep, hitting teams with a high defensive line on the break. They will struggle against teams who sit deep, where they will play a high line themselves.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Watched second half of Manutd vs Chelsea. My conclusion is that Manutd can be a danger when sitting deep, hitting teams with a high defensive line on the break. They will struggle against teams who sit deep, where they will play a high line themselves.

It does seem as though this is their strategy for the season, an attempt to seriously bolster their defense, and speedy merchants with creativity in attack.

When we go there, we must not play into their hands, instead force them to play through us and hit them with the very same tactic. At the Emirates we just need to bully them, hopefully technically, and force them to chase the game.

Malky

Established Member
Chelsea were hyped as our rival for top4, they'll be lucky to get top 6, looking absolute poverty without Hazard.
United don't bother me, that's their best team, at home with a £85M CB. They were lucky not be be losing at half time. Better teams will walk through them

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He had the opportunity to play for Croatia. I bet he regrets not taking it now.

I doubt it. He's quite happy playing for his native country and will be the leader of a pretty fair generation of young talent that's coming into the NT. He'll be 27 when the World Cup is held in the USA/Canada and will have guys like Weah, McKennie, Adams, Sargent, Steffan, Mihailovic, Carter-Vickers and a 17-year-old Barcelona phenom named Konrad de la Fuente (among others). Probably the best young talent the USA has ever had.

Sure, he might have earned a spot on the bench for Croatia's World Cup run (although that would have been no lock coming off his injury), but that would be no substitute for captaining his country in a team that could have a real chance at making a good World Cup run on home soil. Plus he'd have spent the rest of his international career traveling around Eastern Europe. I doubt that playing for Croatia was something he gave more than a fleeting thought.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Chelsea probably should have just swapped us Luiz with Mustafi going the reverse. Bet Frank regrets not asking for that.
Transfer ban, mate.

Missed the second half, Chelsea must've really imploded. Started relatively bright, at least they were playing better than ManU in the first 20minutes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom