• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 2019/20 Performances

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Reminds me of Arshavin’s decline.

Massive disrespect to Arshavin as his legs may have gone towards the end but his finishing ability, eye for a pass and first tough were always there. Main problem with Arshavin is he was played on the wing still even at the end.

This clown we have now is just **** and has always been **** since moving to England. Should have been shipped back to Germany ages ago but hipster Sven couldn’t turn down the chance to sign another one of his old pals.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

His best attributes were always technical, the fact that he can't even properly weight a pass over 10 yards now says it all.

Heavily in decline and no coming back from it.

OmegaOs

I always keep hearing about his technical attributes being really good but I never felt he was that great technically. He regularly under-hits or over-hit passes, his first touch is erratic, and his decision making is incredibly frustrating. Its like he tries to do really extravagant passes but he does not have the technical ability to execute it consistently. He's sh*t and we are stuck with him unfortunately.

remains

Massive disrespect to Arshavin as his legs may have gone towards the end but his finishing ability, eye for a pass and first tough were always there. Main problem with Arshavin is he was played on the wing still even at the end.

This clown we have now is just **** and has always been **** since moving to England. Should have been shipped back to Germany ages ago but hipster Sven couldn’t turn down the chance to sign another one of his old pals.

I remember Arshavin being absolutely dire in his last few seasons but fair enough.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Two weeks crucial for pepe, nelson and maybe martinelli to show that we don't need him.

Still though, we are gonna be a bit short even with those guys usurping him. Needs to stay on as rotation, can be effective in certain games off the bench. Plus can't play pepe to much what with league cup, el etc.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Such an amazingly bad transfer on both ends. All would be better off if the players involved had just been bought out and left by the side of the road.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Should have sold this guy instead of Iwobi.
If we had a magic wand to conjure up a buyer, I'd have been all for it.

I always keep hearing about his technical attributes being really good but I never felt he was that great technically. He regularly under-hits or over-hit passes, his first touch is erratic, and his decision making is incredibly frustrating. Its like he tries to do really extravagant passes but he does not have the technical ability to execute it consistently. He's sh*t and we are stuck with him unfortunately.

Got a ton (too much) credit for feeding peak Auba and Reus for a season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Needs tightening up, to say the least. He's all over the place, but in a bad way. He's nearer the door now, anyway. All the wasters are.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Don't know how this guy ended up in EPL tbf.Weak mentality,slow on the ball,too many basic errors in the game,lack of pace.

He would be better in Spain or Germany.

arsmile

Established Member
He was bad but I think some are going ott with criticism

He didn't hide...kept getting on the ball and trying things

He was ineffective and frustrating and clearly shouldnt be near our first 11.....but I've seen many many many worse performances in an arsenal shirt over the last few years

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He was bad but I think some are going ott with criticism

He didn't hide...kept getting on the ball and trying things

He was ineffective and frustrating and clearly shouldnt be near our first 11.....but I've seen many many many worse performances in an arsenal shirt over the last few years

From people earning as much as he does?

You can't criticize or praise people in a vacuum IMO. Auba scored a great goal today but the praise is somewhat muted because it's Auba and we expect that from him. If Nketiah had scored that, you could crtl-f "the next Henry" and you'd get at least 6 hits on each page.

It works the other way as well, Mkhi is a senior player in the team, earning a fair wack, people expect more and he doesn't deliver consistently. At times he looks slow, out of shape and pedestrian.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
If we had a magic wand to conjure up a buyer, I'd have been all for it.

I think we underestimate the football market if we're honest. Did anyone think Everton would come in for Iwobi? Nottingham Forest for Jenkinson?

There are so many deals that we never hear anything about that fall through for one reason or another. It's the nature of the beast and why I would love to sit down with Wenger or David Dein or someone involved in it to hear about some of the stuff that never reaches the papers. Tony Adams was straight up told by someone in the England dressing room that Ferguson wants him to come to Man Utd (might have been Bryan Robson or Steve Bruce).

Do any of the older heads in here remember Adams ever being linked with United? It never went further than that but just goes to show how a deal could have easily happened.

I say that to say this. There were probably at least a handful of clubs interested in Mkhi. The problem was, was that either Mkhi wasn't interested in those clubs because of profile, location or wages on offer (more than likely the latter) or the transfer fee was too low.

But it's nigh on impossible that absolutely no club wanted to sign him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom