• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Two real positives for me from first week are:

- Playing all the young players in an away game at start of season and coming away with a win and clean sheet.

- The ongoing squad transition where we really are shifting players who are deadwood (example Jenkinson) or are not progressing enough and we can get good price for (example Iwobi).

Just feel we are much more active both on and off the pitch. Like we have a plan and accept we need to change.

One final thing: Yes we can look a bit stodgy at times, but Emery is trying to instill a more defensive mindset. I am all for this. We need to become harder to break down. We ship way too many cheap goals as a club and have for years. 1-0 to the Arsenal!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Two real positives for me from first week are:

- Playing all the young players in an away game at start of season and coming away with a win and clean sheet.

- The ongoing squad transition where we really are shifting players who are deadwood (example Jenkinson) or are not progressing enough and we can get good price for (example Iwobi).

Just feel we are much more active both on and off the pitch. Like we have a plan and accept we need to change.

One final thing: Yes we can look a bit stodgy at times, but Emery is trying to instill a more defensive mindset. I am all for this. We need to become harder to break down. We ship way too many cheap goals as a club and have for years. 1-0 to the Arsenal!
Great post.

I thought we had a decent start to the season. We got a long overdue away win with a fairly young team. Still boring at times but there was more of a style present than what we have seen last year... Let's see how he continues.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ok, I run after I say this, but nothing scares me about Liverpool. This season they are taking a step back
No way they can keep up the intensity but City are still a strong team. Think we will see a finish of
1City
2 Pool
3 Us/Sp**s
4 Sp**s/Us
5 United/Chelsea

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Emery hasnt shown me enough to convince me he is a title winning calibre manager. Its early doors in this season, but unless I see an improvement in our attacking build up play, specifically going through the middle, we wont achieve anything other than a return to the champions league.

Emery needs to bring our central midfield into play much more and get us controlling the midfield.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
No way they can keep up the intensity but City are still a strong team. Think we will see a finish of
1City
2 Pool
3 Us/Sp**s
4 Sp**s/Us
5 United/Chelsea

I think Chelsea might be in for a surprise and be a first team to drop out of top6.
if they play it smart with CL it might save their season

city is still no.1, but on the paper I wouldn't put Pool ahead of us, but in reality they are as we'll need another year foe everything to fully click. Then again, EL helps us in PL

Jae

Think people are starting to come round to Emery and our new Heirarchy now.

We just need a WC CB and CM and signed next summer then we are laughing.

Didi

Will never come close to getting top 3 with him because he’s tactically inferior to klopp, pep, and poch. I mean he’s not even on the same planet with them and plays mindnumbingly boring football to boot. I think he’ll be sacked at the end of the year or walk away but we shall see. Not a fan of his at all.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think people are starting to come round to Emery and our new Heirarchy now.

We just need a WC CB and CM and signed next summer then we are laughing.
Guess you were wrong..
Will never come close to getting top 3 with him because he’s tactically inferior to klopp, pep, and poch. I mean he’s not even on the same planet with them and plays mindnumbingly boring football to boot. I think he’ll be sacked at the end of the year or walk away but we shall see. Not a fan of his at all.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I really like Emery, even if we fail this season (not getting CL) and he gets the axe i will continue following him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I really like Emery, even if we fail this season (not getting CL) and he gets the axe i will continue following him.
Sounds like a blind obsession rather than an objective opinion based on facts. I mean if Emery starts Mustafi and the idiot costs us game after game while we have a fit Luiz and Holding available then I'll definitely stop following Emery.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Sounds like a blind obsession rather than an objective opinion based on facts. I mean if Emery starts Mustafi and the idiot costs us game after game while we have a fit Luiz and Holding available then I'll definitely stop following Emery.

Well, that won't be happening. Emery can't stand Mustafi anymore.
And i meant more Emery the person than the manager.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Weird hypothetical to be honest, considering he publicly shamed Mustafi in the press a few days ago.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I guess he means his character
I like Emery so far. Was a bit disappointed with last season but I like his approach etc. I'm just holding off for a bit because it feels like he has been given a real chance to showcase his talent here and I'm waiting to see if he does pull it off. IMO top 4 is a must now but I wouldn't be fussed if we're not challenging for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom